Part 7

When the danger clears Aveline and Ms.Gray lock eyes. Aveline's emerald eyes lose the peace they had, filling with hate. All Ms.Gray can do is shiver in fear toward the terrifying creature holding me close. Her action sparks an emotion my Mother has long since banished. Nausea and fear edge its way along my skin causing her to look at me. Her features soften automatically and just like dew drops of nectar, brush my frigid blood and nauseating emotion away. Pulling me closer into her embrace her snowy voice speaks.

"I'm not one to kill, but make no mistake I don't do forgiveness very well. Try that again and you'll simply be extinguished from time and thought."

With that she picks me up and walks through the dripping gold door. The scorching lightning must have hit it to but at a hotter temperature. Without even stopping the granite blood door swings open, "You must be hungry from not eating yesterday or today."

"How-?"

"I know some things."

"Well that's not intriguing at all and I don't eat solids."

"No you don't do you. I believe you told Chase apple juice, right?" Before I can respond to her question she sits me down. The linoleum is a bit chilly compared to the padded room that is filled with shattered glass. In front of us tables line one side of the room while endless food takes space on the other side. The smell is sickening to me but Aveline quickly lights up at the nauseating scent. I take a few steps forward the ground shifting from the chilly linoleum to a frigid tile. My body loathes it's touch pleading for the warmth of Aveline.

"What did you mean when you said the nameless crystalline of humans?" She flinches when the title, of sorts, comes out of my mouth. It seems it has a sort of power.

"Please don't say that so casually. It's a title representing my place. Humans, demons, angels, and avalons are considered third class. Right under the Godhead and the ruler of crystallines themselves. Granted any crystalline, third class and up, can become the ruler but why would we. Out of hundreds of classes for millions of species, I'd say third class is pretty good. Your placement decides on how well your species is doing."

"I thought humans were extinct."

"Yes and no, you see as long as one human is left and they are advancing I will stay in third class. Thing is, there is really only one human left. The others died out or are no longer completely human and therefore they belong to another crystalline." Her hand holds out a glass of tinted yellow like a fallen leaf held within the pages of words. Crumbling from the withering of time that once bound its bewitching emerald it fades stilling at a crisp broken state.

"What is that?"

"This is apple juice. Do you not want it?"

"No it's not and why would I want something so mythical."

"If you're referring to its color I'd take a look at your eyes before I'd go judging."

"Nothing is wrong with my eyes. Besides yours are the same color."

"That they are. Now will you like some apple juice the way your Mother makes it. If you do then I need some carrots. Preferably about seven if you can." She turns away from me moving of her own accord. I once read a book on human studies. It stated that they used things like vegetables and herbs to spice up their lives. In another book of food groups found in the human kingdom it gave you the names of the foods and a picture. Carrots can be found in many different cultures. Each one uses them for pretty much the same purpose like eating. One place in particular fed them to small furry creatures whose pelts were said to be soft and lush but changed throughout seasons. I believe this place was called Emercia or Merica or was it America. Maybe Aveline can tell me.