Prologue

AN: This is inspired by "Throwing Stones in Glass Houses" by a_force_of_nature. I highly recommend it! 

                                                                                             ~~~

Kota

"We've got another assignment," Mr. Blackbourne called, walking into their family's living area and Dakota Lee sighed, rubbing his nose. It seemed like they were constantly going on missions, and by the looks on his brothers' faces, they felt the same. 

"Another one?" Gabriel Coleman whined, running a hand through his chestnut hair, mixing the dyed blonde pieces in the front of hair with the rest. "We just fuckin' had one, Mr. B. What are those hags thinking?" he complained, and Kota fought a smile at his brother's outburst.  

Mr. Blackbourne's steel gray eyes narrowed, glaring at Gabriel. "Watch your mouth, Mr. Coleman. The vates are not to be messed with," he warned, and Gabriel sheepishly hung his head. "And besides," he added, a small smirk on his face, the one he always had when he knew something they didn't. "We're going after a telepath."

North Taylor let out a snort, his dark eyes landing on their mentor. His brother, Luke Taylor, the sun to his brother's moon, kept his face blank. "What's new?" North grumbled, crossing his arms. "Send one of the Xavier teams after the animo.

Kota winced at the slur, but he had to agree with his brother. Telepaths were a dime a dozen these days, and usually Rogue or Storm went after them, not unless they were-

"Are they a Pusher?" Nathan Griffin blurted out, the red head's cheeks going red. A Pusher was a telepath who had something a little extra than the rest of their kind, an extra mutation that made them infinitely more powerful- and more dangerous. But a Pusher hadn't popped up in almost two decades, since the birth of Hope Summers. Surely, this telepath wasn't the one they were looking for. 

"Yes," Mr. Blackbourne said simply, his face displaying no emotion. "And the Pusher is a girl."

They all gasped at once, and Kota's eyes widened. Could this be their Pusher? The one the prophecy foretold, the one they were born to protect, the one that would complete the Phoenix Coven, the one that would complete them? 

"C-could this be our Pusher?" Silas Korba hesitantly asked, his voice surprisingly soft. 

A small smile spread across Mr. Blackbourne's face, a rare show of emotion from the rather stoic man. "Yes," he said again, and Kota grinned widely, his eyes sparkling. "Let's bring our Pusher home."