Worth the Wait

Sang

Emma immediately dropped down to the ground, holding me in her arms as I started to vomit. "Shh, darling, I'm so sorry," she cooed, holding back my hair as convulsions ripped through my body.

"Why is this happening?" I asked weakly, before I vomited again. I was starting to shy away from this whole idea of goddesses and vessels if it made me feel this horrible.

"She's more powerful than we thought," Wanda murmured, and she crouched down next to me, gently patting my back.

"She was never this powerful in previous cycles," Jean replied, and I looked up to see her and Emma exchange a worried glance.

I'm sorry, that voice, (Persephone, I reminded myself) whispered. I would have never came through if I knew I was going to hurt you. I could hear the concern in my goddess' voice, and I felt my anger slowly start to subside. Now, I just felt weak and tired and dirty.

"Sang?" Jean asked, her beautiful voice laced with worry. "Are you alright now?" I met her caramel eyes and nodded, wiping my mouth with my hand. The Cuckoos had backed away, their eyes now back to their normal, vacant blue. The three other girls were looking on with apprehension, but I could see the tension slowly melt away from their shoulders.

Wanda was still patting my back, and Emma was gently running her hands through my hair. And then it hit me. This was the first time any woman had ever touched me in a loving, or caring way. My mother only abused me, and my sister had always ignored me.

Then I also realized they were touching me.

"You're touching me," I suddenly said, and the two older woman froze. "How am I not having a vision?"

Emma laughed, and Wanda giggled. "Oh, little one," Wanda said fondly, grinning at me, her teeth sharp and pointy. "You are just a child, and you haven't worked with your powers, nor had them, for as long as we have. We have had decades to master our powers." Although her tone was reassuring, it had a haughty and prideful touch to it, and I realized just how weak I, and my powers, were to these women. I want what you have, I thought suddenly, and I could feel Persephone poke her head up in interest.

"But don't worry, Sang!" Hope called from across the room, a playful smile on her pale face. "You'll be as powerful as Rach and me in no time," she promised, and I smiled back.

"Now, Sang, you must be tired," Jean said suddenly, drawing my attention back to her. "Would you like to go to your room?"

"Yes, please!" I replied, not even questioning the part about 'my room'. From what they had told me before, they must have been expecting me for years.

"Emma, call Kota, Victor, and Nathan please," Jean directed. "They're the calmest of the nine." Everyone, even Betty, laughed. The black haired woman then frowned, muttering under her breath about fake gods.

Emma nodded and placed one of her hands on her head, the other resting on my shoulder. Victor, get Kota and Nathan please, and meet us in the Coven room please, she called out, and I jumped slightly at hearing her voice echo in my head. She must have seen me because she gently squeezed my shoulder. Don't worry, darling, I can't invade your mind. You just picked up on my signals, if you will, because we're touching right now. But, once you're linked into the Force, we'll be able to send thoughts whenever we please

I nodded, before deciding to push a thought back. Who are they? I questioned, and a smile played on her lips.

Just some boys, she answered cryptically, and I rolled my eyes. "Wanda," she said out loud. "Do you mind cleaning up the mess?" she asked, gesturing to the floor.