Angel on Fire

Sang

I felt like I was on fire.

As soon as Aine spoke the last words, I could feel Persephone fully enter my body. The feeling was unexplainable, it was if I had been blind my whole life and I had just regained it, or I was Penelope seeing Odysseus after twenty years. It was like I was missing something, and it had just been filled.

Ahhh, I heard her groan, her conscious merging with mine, my body becoming hers. I could feel my fingers twitch as she got used to my body, and Persephone took a deep breath in as she settled in. I had missed this. Missed having a mortal body, she mused, and I could see her in my mind's eye, looking at me.

She taller than me, about 5'9, with cocoa brown skin and long, silver hair. She had piercing eyes, with one being pitch black, and the other being a mesmerizing, unnatural green. Her chin was jutted up, a rather haughty smile on her face, and she held a burning torch in one hand. A crown woven out of bones and flowers perched on top of her curly hair, and she beckoned me closer. It's good to finally meet you, Sang, she murmured, stepping forward and holding out a hand.

And you, Persephone, I replied, taking her hand. We both gasped as what felt like a bolt of electricity went through us, our hands sticking together. Her memories started to flash through my mind, starting from her childhood.

I could see her playing with her mother Demeter in a field of flowers, sitting next to her father Zeus on Mount Olympus, and growing flowers in the desert.

I could see her being kidnapped from her mother by Hades, being taken down into the Underworld and being forced onto her knees, I- I could see her being violated over, and over, and over again as her fate was sealed by six pomegranate seeds.

I could see her watching in horror as her black hair turning silver from living in the Underworld, crying as she stepped foot onto Earth for the first time in six months, screaming as she was jerked away from her mother and being dragged back into the Underworld.

I could see her heart growing colder as the years went on, see her weeping as she stopped aging at the young age of seventeen, see her accept her new position as the Queen of the Underworld, see her bearing a daughter.

I could see her snap as Hades hit her daughter, see her as she beat him down with the power he granted her, see her throw him into Tartus, see her crown herself as the Ruler of the Underworld, see her building her own court, see her truly become a Queen.

I could see enter a mortal's body for the first time, her delight at being reunited her goddess sisters, see her host's romance with nine scions, see her fight back the darkness, see her host fall in battle, hear her screams of pain as she was yanked away and into the darkness.

I was yanked back from Persephone's memories, she was yanked back from mine, her nostrils flaring. Who was that woman in your memories who hit you? she demanded, her voice laced with fury.

I flinched back, my mind flitting back to the memories of my horrible childhood that lasted up until a few months ago. My stepmother, I replied meekly, my voice shaky. She didn't like me because I was my 'father's bastard child', I quoted, and her eyes flashed.

How dare she treat you like that! she seethed, her fists clenching. How dare she leave a psychological impact on you! We must fix that, she said, stepping closer to me and holding my head in her hands.