Chapter 4

-Louis-

"The Library? Really?" I ask as I skateboard across campus with Derek and our suite-mates.

"I just need to grab a book for my stupid history paper. It will only take a second" Jeremy said.

We turn around and head to the library. The skateboard wheels clicking against the ground. We hop off of our boards and lean them against the library building. It's pretty empty inside. A few people are scattered through out the shelves of books.

"Alright, I'll just be a sec" Jeremy disappeared into the array of books.

"We might as well wait here" I plop down onto the stiff seat placed against the wall. I scroll through my phone, waiting for Jeremy to come back

"Go away please" I hear a distant voice say. I peer up from my phone trying to see where the familiar voice was coming from

"Seriously, i'm trying to study." My eyes land on Chelsea. A tall guy was obviously trying to get her attention, even though Chelsea was opposed to it. I contemplate on whether or not to intervene, but I stay seated

"Oh come on" The guy spoke up "You know you want me to hang out with me" he scooted his chair closer

"No. I don't." She turned in her chair. I could tell by her face that she was getting extremely annoyed. Her eyes met mine and it was as if she gave me a pleading look. Which is weird, because I would be the last person she would want help from. But I took the look as an invitation to help, and got up from my seat. 

"Hey man" I say, standing beside Chelsea's seat "She's trying to study" Her eyes seeming somewhat confused at my actions. Did she not want me to help? 

"Like you care if she's trying to study" The guy scoffs and leans back in his chair. Chelsea remains silent, looking down at the floor "I'm not doing anything. Mind your own business punk" he speaks again

"This isn't a big deal. Don't make it one. Just go bother someone else"

He rolls his eyes and sighs as he stands up, walking out of the building

"Thanks..you didn't have to do that" Chelsea looked up at me

"I know. He was just making too much noise. It was annoying me" I shrug my shoulders and began to walk back to my seat.

Jeremy and Derek were staring at me as I return

"What?" I ask, walking outside with them and picking our skateboards back up

"What's up with you? You're usually the one pestering the girls. That wasn't like you" Derek commented, pushing the ground beneath his feet

"It's not a big deal" I gave him a look "He was annoying me too so i dealt with it"

they both laughed "How on earth was he bugging you"

"Let's just forget it, okay?" I roll my eyes "I'm going to head back to the room. I'll see you guys later"

***

I enter my dorm room and slide my shoes off, walking to my closet to grab a snack. I decide on popcorn. I throw it in the microwave, punching the buttons. As I wait for the beep, I think about the incident in the library. Why did I feel compelled to help Chelsea? Derek was right. I'm usually the one whose being chased away from the girls by a bystander. Did I do it to show her that i'm not just a tool? There's no way that I like her. no, that's just out of the question...Or do I. Maybe it's possible I kind of like her..maybe a little bit. But how do I get her attention? She thinks that I'm just a big jerk. Most girls would die at the chance to get my attention. I don't get her. The timer goes off and I retrieve the steaming bag of popcorn. I peel it open and let the steam dissipate while I grab my laptop. I go to Facebook and see if I could find Chelsea on there...What's her last name? Crap. I go onto Monica's page and try to find her under her friends. Bingo. I pull up her page and go to her bio. She likes books (Boring)..Hmmm...She likes Japanese food and picnics. This could be used to my advantage. I'm going to get this girl to notice me one way or another.