Chapter 6

-Chelsea-

"We were just studying" I say for the what seems like the hundredth time to Monica. "I had to study for my English final, and so did he. So we studied together. It's not a big deal" I glanced up at her quickly, before stuffing my laptop into it's carrier bag, getting ready to leave the library after hours of writing a tedious paper. Monica crossed her arms and shifted her weight to one side.

"Then why did Louis act so weird when Derek asked him about it? And by the way" She uncrossed her arms and walked to the library door "Louis doesn't study for anything. He was obviously wanting an excuse to be with you" She wriggled her eyebrows in a goofy manor.

"Yeah, because i'm the type of girl Louis would want an excuse to hang out with. He just likes to bother me." I roll my eyes at the thought.

"You are so oblivious" She laughs, walking out of the library.

After shaking off all thoughts of Louis, I gathered my things and headed to the door.

"Hey-Chelsea" I turned around to see who was calling my name. It was Anne. She is one of the residents on my floor at the dorm.

"Oh, hi" I smile, switching my bag to my other shoulder.

"Wanna grab some lunch?" She pushed her curly red hair behind both of her ears.

"Umm, sure. Yeah, that would be nice" I say, glad to be having lunch with someone besides myself. It seems that all I do at college is write papers and eat. All. Day. Long.

We walked quickly to the dining hall, taking our food to a table in- what seems like- the dead center of the large room.

"So, how did you do on that English exam?" Anne said before taking bite of her roll.

"Really good actually" I blow on my tomato soup "I got a 96" I smile proudly

"Are you serious? I heard half the people asked to retake it"

I quickly nodded "I studied for a long time."

"Excuse me" I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I turned slightly in my chair to see who it belonged too. My eyes met with a tall boy. His eyes were brown, which matched his hair; that was just messy enough to be cute. "I coulodn't help but hear you talking about the English Exam..I was wondering if you would be willing to help me study for my retake of that test. You got the highest grade in the class. I would pay you for your time of course" His muscles flexed when he placed his arms on the back of the chair beside me, resting his weight on it. I quickly took my gaze away from his arms, and brought them back to meet his eyes.

"I would, but I have to study for the English quiz" I gave him an apologetic look

"Oh, okay. Cool. Well, maybe next time" I lightly patted the table and walked away

Anne gave me a look, crossing her arms on top of the table and leaning forward

"He's totally hot. I can't believe you turned him down. Wh-" she stopped mid sentence. Her eyes looking past me.

"...What are you doing? You're creeping me out" I look behind me, trying to see what may be distracting her.

"No!" She grabbed my arm, making me jerk back around.

"What?!" I ask, seriously confused.

"Louis was hardcore staring over here. He didn't look happy" She paused "I bet you he saw that boy over here...Oh my gosh, he's totally jealous"

I groan and roll my eyes "What is it with you and Monica? Are you two obsessed with Louis or something?" I dip my grilled cheese into my soup, taking a large bite.