Chapter 17

-Louis-

Ever since the fight I had with Chelsea in my dorm room last week, nothing's been the same. Now instead of uttering a smart remark to one of my comments, or telling me to leave her alone, Chelsea just stays silent...avoiding eye contact with me. We haven't talked since the fight. The only time I get to hear her voice is when she's with her friends and she doesn't know I'm around. Whenever she notices me, her face turns somber and her voice goes silent. I would give anything to go back to when I could hear Chelsea laugh...and me be the reason why she's doing so. To have her roll her eyes at me with a smirk plastered on her face as she playfully hits my arm because i just told a corny joke. But that's never going to happen...and it's all my fault.

"Being a hero twice in one day, huh"

I replay Chelsea's words in my mind

I smile softly as I think about when she called me a hero..something I thought I was never capable of being. 'Hero'; a word that never meant that much to me..until Chelsea said it. My smile quickly fades away as I pull myself back into reality. Things are never going to be the same..ever.

"Come on Lou" Derek says, pulling a shirt over his bare chest "You can't stay in your room forever. Go to a party or something."

I turn over to lay on my back as I scoot closer to the pillow at the top of my bed, resting my head on top of it

"I don't feel like going to a party" I say, holding my phone over my face as I scroll through my newsfeed

"You've gotta go do something" he slides his shoes onto his feet

"What's the point" I say quietly, my eyes still attached to my phone

"For gosh sakes Louis" Derek gave me a pitiful look, his eyebrows furrowed. He turned around as he held the handle "at least go do your report you have to have done. The one on Poe. You don't want to give Chelsea another reason to hate you"

I watch as he leaves. I exhale deeply, sitting up on my bed. Derek's right, I better get that done.

I slide my phone into my pocket and exit my room. As I turn in the hall, I see Chelsea walking towards me, her eyes focused intently on the book she held in her hands.

In a split second, I made the decision I was going to talk to her

"Chelsea" I say, reaching my hand to rub the back of my neck

Her eyes quickly jolt up from the page. She slowly stops as she sees me. I could tell she wasn't going to speak, so I took that as my Que.

"What brings you to my floor?" I attempted to make Conversation

Chelsea looks away from me. I could tell she was contemplating on weather or not she was going to reply. She sighs loudly before looking back at me.

"I had to unscrew a picture frame from my wall and I didn't have a screwdriver. Monica let me borrow Derek's, and I'm returning it" she says, pulling out the small tool from her bag

"What picture was it?" I ask, trying to mentally picture all the photos she had hanging on her walls.

She pauses once again before giving me an answer

"The one the four of us took when we were at the park" her voice was quiet

My mind takes me back to that moment

"Come on, you're next" I say, grabbing Chelsea's hand, drawing a fancy mustache on the side of her slim finger

"That tickles" she giggles softly, watching me closely as I draw on her skin