Chapter 18

-Chelsea-

After I had the conversation with Monica in my dorm room...ever since I uttered those words...my thinking has been different. Now instead of trying to avoid Louis because I am mad at him, or annoyed, or sad- Ignore him because I'm worried that what I said was true..that I love him. Something that I want to believe is impossible, but the thought has been lingering in the back of my mind, and I just can't get it to leave.

Monica came down with the flu a couple of days ago. I've been making sure she knows what work she has to have done. The poor thing has been miserable

"Also, don't forget about your psych paper that is due next week. Your professor told me to give this to you" I extended my arm to hand Monica the manila folder.

She rubbed her eyes groggily and sat up, grabbing the item

"Oh yay" she said with a small smile, but failed  at making her voice cheerful. "I got a 95 on my statistics paper" She handed the folder back to me and pointed at her night stand 

I quickly nodded and placed the folder down "Anything else I can get you?" I asked as I walked to the door

"No, I'm good" She closed her eyes and sunk back down into her bed "Thanks Chelsea" her eyes stayed closed

I sent her a smile, even though she couldn't see it.

I smeared some Germ-X on my hands as I walked down to the cafeteria- where I'm meeting Anne.

My hand gripped the cold metal handle, pulling the glass door open. I caught a glimpse of her bright red hair sitting at a center table as I stood in line.

"Hey" I breathed, setting my tray across from hers and taking a seat. The cushion airing out as I do so

"Hi" she smiled "How's Monica?" Her brown eyes stared intently at me, awaiting an answer

"Pukey" I sighed "But she's definitely getting better"

"Well that's good" She nodded slightly, sipping her drink "So how are you and...." she looked at me, unsure of whether to finish her question

"Nothings changed." I reply quickly, shrugging my shoulders "But I've finished my half of the Poe report, so we have to meet up at some point to put it all together" I scrunch my face in a sour look "It's due Monday morning"

"You better do that today then" she leaned back in her seat, placing her hands in her lap "Louis is leaving early tomorrow morning for a weekend trip"

"Why?" 

"..Because he wants to go on a weekend trip with his friends?" Anne laughed lightly "I don't know why he's going"

"Great." I groan I really don't want to do this today" I slide my tray out of in front of me, making room for me to place my elbows on the table

"Well I know you don't want a zero" Monica raised an eyebrow, a smirk rapidly spreading across her face "Go find lover boy and get this over with"

Exhaling deeply, I give Anne a look before rising from my seat and walking to the trash can. I quickly dumped my garbage and scanned the room for Louis. I don't see him, so I make my way back to the dorms. Most likely he's in his room.

I raise my hand to knock on his door-I pause briefly before taking a breath and actually connecting my knuckles to the door. I hear footsteps shuffling inside the room before the door opens, and Louis appears in the doorway.

"Oh-Chelsea. Hi" he smiles brightly "Would you like to come in?" he asks, motioning his arms past the door

"Thanks, but no" I say politely. His facial expression sinks slightly "I'm actually here to ask you if you've finished your part of the Poe project"