Chapter Five

The birds chirped loudly as the sun crept into the room through the window. She reluctantly pulled herself from the bed and walked towards the kitchen. Mikoto greeted her with a bright smile.

"Ohaiyo Sakura-chan!"

"Ohaiyo. I'm going to train."

"So early? You haven't even eaten breakfast."

"It's ok. I'll be back later." She turned to leave the gates but was stopped when she bumped into someone's chest.

"Going somewhere?"

"Training."

"Kakashi said we don't train today. His new book came out."

"I'm training with Tsunade."

"Tsunade told me to tell you that there's no training today either."

"Then I'm training by myself." She huffed out in anger. Her annoyance grew when she noticed his small amused smirk.

"Why are you so interested in training?"

"Why do you care?"

"I asked first."

"Hn." She smirked when he scowled slightly at her word choice.

"Naruto wants us to meet him at Ichiraku."

"I'm going training."

"You're coming with me."

"Like hell. Get out of my way."

"Hn."

"I am considering the option of punching you."

"Hn."

"You Uchihas are too prideful."

"Hn."

"Get out of the way!"

"Hn."

"You want to know why I'm training so much?!"

"Yes."

"You guys call me weak. I hate it! You act like I don't exist, like I don't belong on the team. Naruto thinks I'm a weak person who needs to be protected. I want to be able to fight, to protect others. I'm not weak!"

"Yes you are. You will always be weak."

"Kami! This is why I hate you! You act like you know everything. If you hate me so much, then tell me it. It's better than being called weak by everyone. I wish you and Naruto would let me fight. I wish that you would stop looking down on me. I know I was an annoying fangirl. I understand that you will never love me and I accept it. But the fact that you keep calling me weak? I wish I was never on your team! I WISH I WAS DEAD LIKE MY FAMILY!" Sakura screamed at him with tears spewing from her eyes. Sasuke's eyes widened at her confession. He didn't know her family was dead.

"Sa-"

"I HATE YOU! I WISH I NEVER JOINED YOUR TEAM!" By now, she was sobbing hysterically with an unconfortable and awkward Uchiha in front of her.

"I didn't mean to."

"Didn't mean to what? Push me aside? Call me weak? Step on me like a rug?"

"Everything."

"It's too late for sorrys. I'm done with you. I'm going to Tsunade's to ask for a different team."

"You-"

"Congratulations. You get what you want. A teammate who isn't weak."

"No, I take it back."

"It's too late. The damage is done." She pushed him away from the gated.