Chapter Ten

Sakura waited for her team while sitting upon a tree. Her left leg dangled off the branch as she leaned against the tree. It was very unusual for Naruto and Sasuke to be tardy, especially half an hour late. Finally, she could hear Naruto's loud yelling from across the field.

"Teme!"

"Naru-kun! Sasuke! Why are you late? The chunnin exams are starting in an hour."

"What are you talking about? The chunnin exams were yesterday?" Naruto said with a very confused expression.

"I thought you weren't participating in the chunnin exams?" Sasuke, also with a confused expression, asked more than stating.

"Nani?!" A poof of smoke appeared next to the boys.

"Yo."

"Kakashi-sensei! I thought you said the chunnin exams were today!"

"Maa, maa. I don't think you're ready for it." At his confession, she exploded with anger. She jumped down from the tree with a heavy thud, causing the ground to break a little from her feet.

"I'm not ready?! Is it because I'm too damn weak?! That I can't f*cking protect myself?! I f*cking saved your life a couple days ago! You think you know my strength, you think you know me. But the reality is, you don't know sh*t. Kami, I hate you! And you Sasuke..." She first pointed an accusing finger at Kakashi then Sasuke.

"Nani?" Sasuke blinked in confusion.

"After our talk, I completely regretted everything I said. I wanted to stay on the team because it's my family. But you Kakashi..." Again, she pointed at Kakashi.

"Nani?"

"You've pushed me too far. I'm done with this stupid team. I'm done being pushed around and called weak. I used to think you were a father figure. But now, I realized how sh*tty of a sensei you are. I f*cking quit this team. I hate you all."

"What about me?!" Naruto yelled.

"You think I'm weak too. You don't say it, but you push me away from the fight. I love you as my brother, but I just can't do this anymore. I resign from Team Seven." With her message clearly stated, she twirled in the opposite direction, leaving three stunned males. She stormed into Tsunade's office and began to cry.

"Sakura?! What happened?!" Tsunade, a mother figure to Sakura, asked with a worried tone.

"Ka-Kakashi told me the chunnin exams were today but they were yesterday. And-and he said I wasn't ready for it. I told him I quit the team," Sakura said, between each sob. Tsunade wrapped her arms around the crying girl and comforted her.

"I can get you a different team. Actually, I was just about to call you in. ANBU team one requested you to be on their team. Although you are a genin, with a strength of a jounin or ANBU, you will have to take the ANBU exams."

"I'm allowed to skip ranks?"

"As the Hokage, and because of your monstrous strength, I will allow it."

"Ar-arigatou."

"Iie, you've earned it." Sakura wiped away the tears and smiled at Tsunade.

"What do I do now? I don't have a team, will I still be on missions?"

"The ANBU exams are in a month. You should be training as much as you can. Also, I will be asking for Team One to train you."

"E-eh? But they're probably so busy!"

"Iie, they seemed very adament about training you."

"Sou ka."

"They'll probably be at the training ground, so just go there."

"Hai." Sakura jumped out the window with enthusiasm, not hearing the sigh from the Hokage.

"She does realize there is a door, right?"

Sakura sprinted towards the training field with determination. She squealed when a barrage of kunais were sent straight towards her face, but dodged the flying weapon at the last second.

"Sakura?" Itachi collected the discarded kunais.

"Ohaiyo! Tsunade said that you guys wanted me on the team, so I'll be training with you guys."

"What happened to the chunnin exams?" Itachi noticed how her hands clenched tightly into a fist.

"It was yesterday. Kakashi lied to me. So I quit team seven."

"Oye, Itachi! Hurry up!" Shisui called out from behind the training field.

"So, can I join your training?" Sakura figited with her fingers nervously while leaning back and forth.

"If you desire," Itachi replied with his back already turned to her as he walked towards the training field.

"Arigatou!" She quickened her pace and walked on his left side with a cheerful aura.

"Eh? Sakura? What are you doing here?"

"Ohaiyo Shisui-san! I'm here to train with you two today!"

"Nani? What about your team?" Shisui felt guilty when her brightness dimmed a little at his question.

"I quit because they thought I was weak."

"Nani?! But Itachi's been telling me about how strong you are and-" He was cut off when Itachi chucked a couple kunais towards him.

"We are training, not talking." With that said, her fire was sparked in her eyes and she smirked proudly.

"Hai!" She deftly dodged all of Shisui's attacks and kicked his ribcage. A sickening crack came from him as her foot smashed into his ribcage. He was sent flying into the trees, where a log poofed in place of him. She barely dodged the sword from behind her, where Itachi had snuck into her blind spot. Doing a couple backflips, she lept fifty feet into the air and filled her right fist with chakra.

"SHANNARO!" Sakura yelled as her fist broke the ground into bits and pieces. Flying debris flew past her and she quickly found Shisui coming right at her. She leaned to the left, only bumping into his shoulder, and twisted his arm backwards. When they landed on the ground, she quickly swept under his feet and pinned him down using chakra.

"Didn't know you like being on top." Shisui smirked, receiving a head tilt in confusion and a blank stare from her.

"I win."

"Iie." She could feel a blade from behind her and Itachi's smirk.

"Never leave your back unguarded."

"Oh? But I'm sure you've left your back unprotected." Itachi stiffened when he felt a kunai pressed against his neck.

"Holy f*ck. She beat you Itachi!" Shisui, in the most shocked expression, and in a Uchiha manner, yelled.

"Kuso."

"I wouldn't try to weasel your way out with your crows. I can easily knock you out with a prick from the kunai."

"Really?" Itachi was smirking by now.

"I put poison on my kunai. It'll go through your system and knock you out in a second."

"Why would you do that?! We're training, not killing each other," Shisui exclaimed in disbelief, careful to not move.

"Do you give in?" Both Uchihas nodded and were relased from their traps.

"Man, Team Seven is an idiot! You're amazing!" Sakura blushed at his compliment and look downwards.

"Ar-arigatou."

"We're going to have fun training together." Shisui smirked at the blushing girl and the brooding Itachi.