Chapter 19 | Nagulat si Ako!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Nagulat Si Ako!

I am packing my stuff at the Crossford's house and I finished and take one last look at the living room before walking my way to the door. When I got out, I got inside the taxi, and got back to my home.

---

Heto ako, nasa kwarto ko nagseasearch. Ang boring grabe. Ngayon, kailangan ko ulit maghanap ng trabaho. Naghahanap ako ng trabaho ng bumukas bigla yung upuan.

"Ay putek!"

Napatalon ako sa kama ko, at si Estella lang pala yan. Napaupo ulit ako.

"Hi! Girls' night ngayon!" Sigaw ni Estella at binatuhan ko siya ng unan. Muntik niya na malaglag yung popcorn at nag-glare siya saakin.

She invited me to watch but I don't want to, since I am busy to find a new job.

"Ano ba yan?! Magrelax ka nga muna!" Hinila ako ni Estella na umupo sa lapag at umupo nalang ako at nanood ng Everything, Everything.

---
"Tanginuh ang ganda beshh" sabi ko habang tinutulak so Estella at rinoll niya yun eyes niya.

"Matulog na tayo! May contest ka pa bukas."

She laughed and I glared at her and she shuts her mouth.

"Kailangan ko pa ba?"

"Gaga oo."

"Hays sige na nga."

We didn't sleep yet and we talked for hours before we drifted to sleep.

---

Nasa school na kami and kasabay ko sina Estella at Simon maglakad. Then suddenly someone pulls me and I stopped and my eyes still needed to fix its vision. I realized in front of me was a table and a crowd.

"Ok! Ito ang isa nating contestant na si Alexa!" They clapped and whistled. I searched for Estella in the crowd and I saw her, scratching her head.

I mouthed the words "Baket ang aga ng contest?" And she mouthed back "I don't know."

"Ang kalaban ni Alexa ay si.....Topp!"

My head snapped into the entrance and there he is looking as surprised as me. Luke we didn't wanted to be here in the first place.

He walked to the other table not making eye contact with me.

"Ok so magstastart na po tayo ng contest!" Sabi ng host.

"Teka lang-"

The host ignored me and read the question, "What is the formula in getting the force of an object?"

"Mass multiplied by acceleration!" Sumagot si Topp and he didn't look at me but he smirked. I suddenly got the urge to beat him here.

"Whose theory was the Continental Drift?"

"Alfred Wegener!" I said and that gave me a point which made me grin. We answered many questions about history, science, math, music, etc. And now we are all tied. I can feel the tension here on this stage and I like to break it with me winning. I want him to be embarassed.

"Last question.....what song did this lyric came from:

Ba't 'di pa sabihin
Ang hindi mo maamin
Ipa-uubaya na lang ba 'to sa hangin
Huwag mong ikatakot
Ang bulong ng damdamin mo
Naririto ako at nakikinig saýo"

Habang sinasabi yung lyric na yun, napayuko si Topp na parang natamaan siya ng kanta. I shook my head.

"Tadhana by Up Dharma Down!"

I shouted and I won! Nakayuko pa rin siya at nag-iisip.

"Si Alexa ang nanalo, ngayon ang punishment ni Topp."

Nagsigawan yung mga tao. At I am pretty sure may narinig akong babaeng sumigaw na nagsabi ng: "Tanggalin mo Shirt mo Topp dilaan ko yung tubig!"

I cringed and watched as the bucket supported by a rope slowly turn the bucket that is full of water. But it wasn't his embarrassment that happened that day instead:

All of the student was silenced with surprised facial expressions and only a laugh that I can recognize is what I can hear. It was Becca's laugh.

Here I am standing at a stage covered in red paint and I looked stupid. I looked at my left and saw Becca with the rooe under her feet. She was the one who planned this. I looked at Topp whose face is also shocked, I bit my lip nervously holding back my tears as the crowd laughs. I ran down the stage and ran to my locker and I sat down on the floor, and I managed not to cry.

I fiddled with my fingers and I just sat there. Then I stood up, and took a deep breath, then I heard footsteps on this empty hallway. I turned my head and saw Topp with a concerned face, I got a towel and walked away, but he managed to catch up and pulled me back gently by my shoulder making me stop dead in my tracks. I looked at him in the eyes, those dazzling eyes. But I don't why I am mad at him. Is it because I am jealous?

"Alexa, ok ka lang-"

"Sa tingin mo?! Tapunan ka kaya ng pintura sa harapang ng madaming tao, magiging ok ka kaya?"

Sabi ko at lumakad pa layo pero tinigilan niya ako at hinarap niya ako sa kanya and he is holding me by my shoulders.

"I am sorry na nagawa lo yung mga nagawa ko sayo-"

"Sorry?! Sorry mo mukha mo! Never ka natutong magsorry tapos ngayon magsosorry-"

"Ako na nga ang nagsosorry ikaw pa ang galit?! Alexa naman!"

"Ano?! Sama ng ugali mo, fuck you Topp!" I said as I walked away raging and he I heard him shout. I ignored it and walked out of the school.

I just can't go to class today, I know na mapapagalitan ako mamaya so I just need a good reason to tell.

---
4:00 PM
I got home tired and just as I expected di naman naghintay mom ko. The living room was empty. And I go straight to my room and laid down my bed. Thinking about what happened. I took a deep breath and I drifted to sleep.