verity (facts)

here are some extra facts and additional information that you should read if you enjoyed this book!

[1]
Harper's full name is Harper Lily Wilson. Blu's full name is Blu Alexander Adams.

[2]
I was originally planning on including both Harper and Blu's parents more, but it didn't work out. Harper's father was going to be an interesting character.

[3]
I was close to making Blu have an ability too, but decided against it. I think it was better that only one of them had it; it made the story more authentic.

[4]
I purposefully left out the story of how Harper got her powers, or if she was born with them. I wanted that to happen up to interpretation, especially since Harper's mother died at birth.

[5]
Schemanske was my driving instructors last name during driver's ed. That's where I got it the name.

[6]
The acronym for Mr. Wright's asylum is D.A.R.K. It stands for Deranged Ability Removal Key.

[7]
I also purposefully left out why Harper was specifically Subject 9. I wanted that to intrigue you, and to wonder what other kinds of abilities there were at AAA.

[8]
I was originally going to make Harper much more powerful, and be able to fly well, but I decided against it. It makes the story more interesting if she's still learning, plus it's more realistic.

[9]
The idea of Jax was introduced to me by kingfoxsr who was going to write a book called Levity, which was a fanfiction of this book) who also helped to develop his character. Special thanks to you gal!

[10]
In this story I was trying to be a lot better at being descriptive, so I hope it came across to you that way. The idea for this story came to me in fragments. I know it's strange to incorporate "superhero" things into short stories, but I wanted to be different and I thought it was fun.

[11]
The original version of this book was a bit more romantic and I even had them kiss, but changed it because I just didn't feel they were ready for a step like that yet.

[12]
Finn continued to work with Blu and Harper occasionally and dropped by often to check in. He could never retire fully from being an agent, always "coming out of retirement" to deal with a situation. He died peacefully one night in his sleep.

[13]
Jax married an adorable British girl named Josephine (Jo for short). They had met in England at Jay's college, and after coming to visit America and staying with Jax, they fell in love.

[14]
Harper's mother may or may not have had an ability *wink wink*

[15]
Both Harper and Blu attend college. Harper earns an environmental Chemistry degree, and Blu became a Nuclear equipment operation technician.

[16]
Blue and Harper do eventually get married <33. They have a little girl named Violet who in turn marries Jax's son Axel.

[17]
Blu and Harper's daughter Violet was gifted with telekinesis.

[18]
Harper did eventually become quite powerful, and was able to take Blu flying by controlling gravity, but she had to be in top form and it drained a lot of her energy, so they didn't do it often.

[19]
Violet passed on an ability to one of her children, continuing the line.

[20]
I have published another book called Villain which exists in AU of this universe. It is about a "Villain" named Orion and a girl named River who discovers his secret. Check it out if you liked this book!

I hope you enjoyed these little tidbits, and thank you for reading!
~Joybell ♥