Chapter 3

I wake up to a young woman shaking my shoulder lightly. "Excuse me, miss?" She asks quietly. "The flight is about to land so could you please return your seat to the upright position?" I nod quickly in response.
     "Of course! Thank you ma'am!" I say with a small smile on my face. After ages I was so close to finally being home. Only a little longer and I would be back to hanging out with Mitsu, takashi, and Chika. I push a small button and my chair creaks back into its original position. After, I quickly pushed the table in front of me up before locking it.
     I opened my backpack and grabbed my makeup bag, setting it on my lap. Carefully began touching up my appearance, after an eleven hour flight I didn't look the best, to say the least. As the turbulence began getting worse, I had finished my makeup and hair. My (h/c) was now in two neat Dutch braids. A bell noise went off on the overhead.
     "Ladies and gentlemen we will now Be beginning our decent into Tokyo, japan. Thank you for flying with delta airlines." The plane began a slow and steady decent out of the air. As the plane lands I gather my bags and move quickly off. I didn't want to stay on any longer than I had to.
     Mari said she was going to be shipping a lot of belongings over because we all decided it would be easier and cheaper than putting up with TSA.  Make my way out of the plane as the first person off. My bright yellow suitcase rolling behind me. I look around at the signs around me, all written neatly in kana. I follow the line of people heading down the elevator towards the exit. As I reach the bottom I see a young man with short auburn hair trying to get the attention of the woman in front of her.
     "Miss? Miss? Do you by chance know how to read sheet music? Our lead singer bailed on us for our airport performance." He says in a stressed voice. My head turns towards him.
     "Actually i can," he looks towards me in shock. At this point I had clear view of him. The boy looked to be around seventeen years old. His face was slim and his skin was clear, I had to look up a bit to see his face. His eyes were I muted emerald while his auburn hair was curly and shaved on the sides.
      "Wait- seriously? Your not joking right? I've had like four people say they can only to walk away but you don't really seem like a person who would do that. But what do I know I mean-" I cut off his rambling.
     "Yes, I'm serious," a wide smile painted itself across my face. "What song is it? My name is (Y/n) by the way." He hands me three pages of sheet music.
   "It's nice to meet you, (Y/n) I'm Theo. Are you sure you can do it? We are supposed to start in like five minutes."  I glance down at the papers in my hands. A treble clef and one sharp, it was a G major scale. At the top of the page it boldly stated Live In Living Color. I already knew this song. I had never really learned it unless you count listening to it for hours on end learning it. I look back up at Theo.
    "Would you be happy if I said I already know this song?" His eyes light up with joy as he nods quickly.
     "Yes! Come on we should probably head over so we can be on time." Theo grabs my hand gently and drags me towards a medium sized band with drums, an electric guitar, some brass instruments and three backup singers. Theo places me front and center. "Guys, this is (Y/n), she will be filling in for Jared since he couldn't be bothered to show up." They all echo a small greeting back as I smile and wave awkwardly. Theo turns back towards me. "You got this okay? When you hear us start to play, you know what to do. I'll be right over there," he points off into a section of trumpets. "So if you need anything I'll be nearby. Break a leg!" With that, Theo jogged away from the mic over to his section.
     I take a breath and get ready as the brass starts playing the 50s styled music. I've got this. A smirk plays itself as I try to get into character a bit more. Making things a bit more fun helps with the stress. "Live in living color
Let me take you for a ride
Yes, I'm live in living color
So sit back and let me be your TV Guide

I've got a story I'd like to tell
But I'm gonna need help to tell it well
I've got a story about fame and money
And it's got more curves than a Playboy bunny

I wanna feel, not just survive
I wanna tell my story,

Live in living color
Something special's up tonight
Yes I'm live in living color
Life ain't lived in black and white

I've got a tale of a great romancer
And it's got more moves than a go-go dancer
I've got a story that's fast and slick
And it's got more twist than a peppermint stick

Don't have the time for the nine to five
I've gotta tell my story,

Live and in living color
And it's brought to you by me
Yes I'm live in living color!
This won't fit in your TV

What's your name? Just window dressin'
Everyone knows that it's the clothes that make the man
Play the game, just keep 'em guessin'
Mix and match me, try to catch me
If you can!

I've got a story strange but true (ensemble echo)
So come fly with me for a bird's-eye view (ensemble echo)
I've got the world at my command (ensemble echo)
And I'll be your one-man Disney land (ensemble echo)

Don't wanna wait for the cops arrive
I wanna tell my story,

Live and in living color (live in living color)
Tune me in and turn me on
Yes I'm live in living color
Blink your eyes and I'll be gone

Yes I'm live in living color
Tune me in and turn me on
Yes I'm live in living color

Blink your eyes
Blink your eyes
And I'll be gone!" I take deep heavy breaths as the audience that had gathered around us cheered. I'm home.

A/n
Guess who's alive?? I don't have Much to say but I hope you enjoyed this chapter. sorry if it's all over the place! Btw the song is called Live In Living Color from the musical, Catch me if you can!!