Amnesia: Kidnapped By Yandere Toma X Female Reader: Part 8

I have been awake for nearly an hour, staring at the ceiling in shock after what happened the previous night. The early morning light lit up the room in golden hues that reminded me painfully of Toma's eye colour. I feel numb inside after learning he had purposefully drugged me, just so he could control me. Toma had confessed his love, but I don't feel happy about it. I am so worried about Shin, after he had been slashed by Toma of all people, nit knowing how badly he was hurt. I am also deeply worried what Toma may do to me now too.

I looked around the apartment nervously, but when I realised he wasnt hiding anywhere, I felt a great sense of relief, followed by guilt for feeling that way. I had half expected to find myself tied to the bed when i had woken up but strangely, Toma had left me all alone in his place. I don't understand why he hadn't he drugged me again. Did he really believe I wouldn't try to escape?

A then saw a note had been left on the bedside table for me. I read the message with shaking hands, reading Toma's handwriting:

TOMA NOTE:  I need to go to University to see a Professor about taking some time off, but I will be back around ten. Dont do anything that will get you into trouble. Be a good girl for me. 

I scrunched up the paper in frustration realising he thought I was just going to do as he told me. The stress and strain overwhelmed me then, thinking over everything Toma had done, sobbing uncontrolably on his bed. 

 I could smell his scent on the pillows, which made my heart ache. When Toma had kissed me, my stomach fell and a confusing feeling filled me, as I both loved and hated it. I had been dreaming of Toma finally kissing me and of him saying he loved me too but now I just feel sad. Like a heavy weight was tugging inside of me because I am so conflicted over my feelings for him. Before I knew how sinister Toma had become, I had loved him intensely. Can emotions like that just go away that easily? I began to worry that I was developing some kind of Stockholm syndrome. 

I have to pull myself together and think carefully about my next move. I couldnt just stay here waiting for Toma to return, not knowing what he had planned to do to me next . I made the decision to try and escape for real, even if I had to fight Toma. Knowing Shin's past with law enforcement, I didnt think he would go to the police. Toma was right about Shin, he would try to find a way to save me in his own way, without getting the law involved. I doubted Shin would contact Ikki for help either, since Shin would indeed want go rescue me himself. I knew if my friends, Mine and Saki were here, they would tell me to go to the police myself, but i dont want to get him arrested. I still hope that Toma can go back to how he used to be. I groaned because I dodn't  want to put Shin or Ikki in harms way but i had to ask for their help , however I don't know how to contact them.

I got dressed in loose clothing for ease of comfort as quickly as possible, aware that Toma could return at any moment. I was determined to figure something out once I was out of Toma's apartment and able to think clearly. I suddenly heard my text ringtone for the first time in days. I frantically began searching his apartment for the source of the sound and finally discovered my phone hidden behind some books on the shelf. I was shaking I was so relieved to see my phone again. I discovered loads of messages, including the concerned ones from Shin and Ikki. I tried to ring Ikki, but it went to voicemail again, so I tried Shin but worryingly his rang off. This made me more anxious as I texted Shin:

ME: SHIN, PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE ALRIGHT AFTER LAST NIGHT. I HAVE TO KNOW YOU ARE SAFE. HOW BADLY ARE YOU HURT? I HAVE FOUND MY PHONE AND TRIED TO CALL. PLEASE HELP ME!

I grabbed my bag and put the phone inside and went to the front door uncertain how I was going to get out. I grabbed the handle when to my surprise, it was on the latch and easily opened. I couldn't believe he had not locked it! Maybe Toma had so much on his mind leaving me this morning he somehow forgot. Regardless of the reason, all that mattered was that I could escape, but where too?