Same day, getting a gift from a.....cat?!

On my way home, in the corner of my eye I saw something orange flash by, scaring me, that I froze to investigate.

I looked around the trash cans on my neighbors sidewalk and instantly saw a orange haired cat ready to fight by its stance.

'Hello, my name is Bella, are you ok?' I asked worried he might be hurt, he had a slight limp and seemed to be a bit scared at something

Meow 'Can you help me? Wait, it doesn't matter right now what happens to me-'  I cut him off with a sharp bark.

Woof ' Yes it does, I can help you, what seems to be the problem?' I asked worried he might be need to go to the stupid vet people.

'My name is Carlos, I am from a long descendent of cats who are the protectors of Dragon magic. I have two of the many remaining magical Dragon necklaces once given to the cats for good. People are after me for that very reason. Can you give me shelter?' He told me his story and then asked the very question I could help him with.

Woof 'Yes, I can give you shelter, I guess.' I answered a bit unsure. I hope Paige likes cats, sometimes I do but that's because of a different reason......

As I lead him to my house down the street I started noticing it was getting dark. Paige should be already home by now and almost in bed. Aww man, I missed dinner!
I barked and scratched on the doggy door waiting for someone to answer with Carlos behind me waiting patiently.
Click, knock, clink!
The door swings open and momma Paige is standing there looking relieved once she has seen me in front of her.
"Bella! I was looking for you everywhere, where did you go !? What happened-Oh! Who is this?" She finally noticed Carlos and let us in as she moved out of the way.

"Why it's this kitty cute! "  she started letting him but noticed his hurt foot and instantly picked him up and moved him to the bathroom to fix the problem at hand.
Woof 'She is Momma Paige as I call her, she is my best friends mother, she will help you! She always helps me when I get hurt!' I happily explained to him and he looked at me a second before nodding to himself and taking off one of the necklaces with our momma Paige seeing.

Meow 'I want you to have this, this has been in my family for generations and is very important, it can turn you human, but I can teach you how to use it. I trust you will wisely. Can you do this?' He asked me this very serious question.

'Awesome, yeah, I mean.....that would be cool.' I answered trying to play it cool because, what dog wouldn't want to be human, I can hang out with Paige more, be her best friend as a human.