Chapter 5

The next day , I felt numb . I couldn't move , and my hand was throbbing.

I wasn't going a school today , mike said my bruises where too obvious.

Mike went to work , and I was laying in my bed glancing up at the ceilling wondering why I have this life. my belly made a funny noise.

I got up slowly my back hurting but i ignored the pain and trudged towards the kitchen i went into the fridge a small sandwich.sitting at the table i bit into my sandwich. mike hasn't spoke to me at all , he couldn't even be in the same room as me , this morning he left before breakfast.

later that night mike came in look warned out. his hair was scruffy , he had dark circles around his eyes. shutting the door behind him. he avoided me walked straight passed me.

"I'm going to bed" with that he walked up stairs.

days turned into weeks most of the pain have gone apart from my hand that still kills , I'm still not going a school but i know must of the reason was because i really didn't want to see dylan again.

Mike left about four hours ago for work.

Ever since that night mike hasn't been so tough , i still have to clean and cook but he hasn't hit or spoke to me in a bad way. he even bought new clothes, i try to be grateful but i cant help but feel this behavior will be ending soon.

currently i was laying on my sofa , it feels nice to finally relax. 

The doorbell rang. I had to think who would be at the door.

The doorbell rang again , I got out of my blanket and opened the door slowly.

"Dylan?" I asked Shocked 

"You haven't been coming to school , and we haven't been finished our projected" he said not looking at me

I shit I forgot about the project

"Sorry I uhh tripped and broke my hand" I said lifting my hand to show him

He looked at my to see if I was lying i stiffen.

"So can I come in?" he said , not waiting for a reply he walked in anyway. 

rude.

"Emm Dylan maybe you shouldn't be here" I looked at the clock , panicking as mike could be home any minute now.

"Why not , daddy coming home soon , would he be disappointed  that your with the bad boy" he mocked me rolling his eyes.

My chest tighten as he said that , and a tear pricked my eye.

"My dad's dead" I said looking him straight in the eye.

Sadness and regret crossed his eyes but was replaced with that cold glare i always see.

"What about your mum?" he asked

"She died as well"

"How?" he asked

"I don't want to talk about it"
The images of my mum dying body flashed through my head

"Do you want a-" I was cut of by the door opening and closing

I started shaking in fear an I could tell Dylan can sense something wrong.

Mike walked in , he looked at me then at Dylan then at me again , then he did the unexpected.

"Lib , my girl who's this young boy?" he kissed me on the head

i flinched as he touched me , out of shock no words came out of my mouth i just kept on looking between them

"Names Dylan" he said

I looked back to see Dylan glaring at mike

Mike walked over toward him and gave him a guy hug , Dylan stiffen but returned it.

"Well I better be going" Dylan walked out

I smiled and faced mike

His brotherly smile soon turned into a cold hateful glare.

"Your such a slut" he mumbled 

"going to guys houses brings guys home , wants next huh?" he asked

"I didn't say he could he just came" I tried to explain

"im guessing his the one you was with last week as aye? mum and dad would've so disappointed in you becoming this way." he screamed. i looked at him , i get so confused by his behavior its like he doesn't realise what he does is wrong. 

he knocked me out of thought but the sharp kick to my side. 

"im trying , but you just make me so angry" 

 "You better not tell anyone what happens here , im warning you liberty"