Sick day

"Are you feeling okay now?" I asked Dick.

"Yeah, don't worry." He smiled at me.

"Don't push yourself.." I said and smiled at him giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

This morning, Dick started coughing a lot while doing some basic sparing with me.

Me and him were now on a water break. "I bet that I can hang myself on these hoops longer than you." Dick said drinking his water.

"Not. You may have grown up on them, but I have much more strength than you." I said to him.

"Oh yeah?" He smirked at me. I smiled and we both went up on the hoops at the same time.

"You should give up while you still have some pride left, bird boy." I taunted.

"Same to you hot head." He smirked and I smirked back at him.

We had both been up for about an hour now and I could see Dick was getting tired. "Dick... are you sure you're okay?" I asked him.

"I-I'm fine." He said and I grew more concerned when he almost fell off the hoops, but he managed to regain his balance.

After a while more, I just grew more worried. His face was flushed and he seemed like he was in pain and he would cough or sneeze every 2 minutes. "Dick!" I yelled as he suddenly fell. I quickly let go of the hoops and flew down and grabbed his hand and slowed down his fall and landed safely on the mat below. I looked up at the 15 ft tall hoops. "God..." I sighed and looked at Dick. His face was contorted in pain, and his breathing was labored, and he was sweating a lot. I put one of his arms over my shoulder, and wrapped an arm around his waist. I went outside and brought Dick up to his room. I lay him down on his bed.

"Stupid..." I whispered and pulled the blankets over him up to his chest. I quietly went downstairs and told Alfred that Dick was sick. Alfred told me he would prepare the medicine and food, if I watched over him since he was very busy today. I naturally agreed.

When I got back to the room, I had a towel and a tub of cold water and a thermometer. His temperature was 103 degrees fahrenheight. "I told you to not over work yourself." I said and slowly brushed his hair off of his forehead and placed the cold towel over his forehead. His facial expression relaxed, but is still worried me.

After about an hour of changing the towels, Dick woke up. He turned to look at me and smiled. "Sorry, were you worried?" He asked.

I scoffed and crossed my arms. "What do you think?" I mumbled and I heard him chuckle which then turned into a series of coughs. I quickly helped him sit up and rubbed his back.

"Geez... I'm always babying you." I muttered and he leaned into my embrace.

"Sorry.." he mumbled and I pet his head.

"Just sleep." I whispered to him.

I looked at the time, I reached over for Dick's phone. I hacked into it with my powers and sent Wally a text, asking him to come over. He responded back with a sure. I lay Dick back in bed and went downstairs. I went into the training room and cleaned up our things. I finished cleaning up and went back to the room and saw Wally walking up the stairs. "(Y/n)?" he asked me.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Why are you here?" He asked nervously.

I smiled, "I know the secret. Don't worry." I said and looked at Dick's room. "Can you take care of him for a while? I need to go check something." I said.

"Sure." he smiled. "Can you bring back some snacks?" he asked.

"If I remember." I said and left to go buy some things. 

~time skip~

I got back and had a bag of chips for Wally and some things Alfred asked me to buy. I left the groceries on the kitchen table and went up to Dicks room and saw Dick seemed better and he was talking with Wally. "Hey." I smiled.

"You're back." Dick smiled at me.

I tossed Wally a bag of chips. "I'll let you guys talk." Wally said and went downstairs.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked sitting on his bed.

He smiled and moved over so I had space to sit next to him. "yeah, thank you." He mumbled and coughed a bit into his hands.

"Do you want some water?" I asked him.

"I can get it myself." he said to me.

"... okay.." I said and I moved over and he slipped off the bed. "Can you walk?" I asked him.

"I'm feeling healthy enough to walk." he said to me laughing. I rolled my eyes and walked with him.

I went to talk with Wally as Dick drank his water. "How long have you 2 been together?" he asked me.

"Huh? Well.... not that long.." I said. "Maybe.... a couple days?" I smiled.

"Really? You 2 were being all lovey dove way before that though." he said eating a chip.

".... ummm... no comment.." I said blushing.

"hmm... I'm going back to the cave." he said smiling. "Thanks for the chips!" he said before running out.

I found Dick again and hugged him. "Do you feel dizzy at all?" I asked.

"Not as much." he said and turned to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

I smiled and reached my hand to play with his hair. "I'm really looking forward to when you grow taller than me in the future." I said laughing.

He glared at me and pinched my cheek. "shush." he said and I laughed and ran my fingers through his hair.

He smiled and leaned his head on my shoulder. 

We spent the rest of the day in his room talking, and me taking care of him.