5 - Pete

A playful smirk is playing on my plump lips as I venture toward the detention cells. I should really be scared of the younger boy. A boy, so vulnerable and frail, with such a deadly passion to harm, I figure, would earn a place in the psych ward any day. But the troubled teen has gotten away with it. Not because he's suffering himself. Because the rest are all scared of him.

I'm not one of the rest.

I am amused and curious. I had revelled, watching that bully, practically murdered in full view of innocent eyes, my own feasting as the bastard convulsed and gargled. He had deserved it, and Patrick had realised that more than anyone.

The way the boy had completed his task without phase, and with satisfying efficiency; so smooth, so nimble, so beautiful. Much like the boy himself. There is something about his sleek, lethal hands, and his inhuman eyes that turns me head over heels.

Boy, am I falling for this menace.

When I open the door to Patrick's temporary holding cell, the disturbed boy is standing, mid-pace. He's been keeping himself busy, bounding from wall to wall, his expression showing no surprise – or relief – to see me.

Only content, perhaps eager to get his hands dirty.

I lean against the doorframe to calm the sudden nauseous wave. "This was a minor warning," I say. "They're gonna start helping you soon."

The words are meaningless. Patrick's eyes glow hypnotically. I give up my struggle.

~~~

Words: 250