10 - Dallon

"So, you've settled?"

That smirk. Everyone knows Patrick by that smirk. They run scared.

"I'm never settled; I'm always causing trouble, me."

We've been meeting alone for two months; I would choose flight over fight any day, but I must stay put and talk to him like Brendon has asked me to do. "But you've decided to stick with Pete."

"He makes living in this dump worth it."

"You really love him."

"Of course. I've never been in love with anyone before. Pete's... damn perfect."

"Well, I'm glad." Jealous. I have to make him believe that I'm jealous. "Just... Don't stick to him like a limpet."

"Dallon, I'm forcing myself away from him to be your friend."

"And I'm grateful for that. I really like you." This is dangerous territory. But this is good, this is what Brendon told me to say. Not directly, but it had been something along the lines of... 'Divert his attention away from Pete. You are for his eyes.'

"As a friend."

"Yes, as a friend. But I've grown to love spending time with you, and-" Now he's turning to me. I hate talking face to face. Oh, but those eyes...

"You know we can't. I trust you, Dallon. You're a nice guy. I wouldn't be hanging out with you if I thought any different. If we were anything more than friends, I'd risk more people getting hurt. Not that I'll stop hurting people; that's in my nature. But the people I see as my friends – the ones I would never even think about hurting. Don't you think it's best if we keep it that way?"

"I understand."

"Does Brendon know?"

"No."

"You wanna talk to him about it?"

It's not like I have a choice. "No."

"Sorry, pointless question, my bad."

I need to change the subject. They might be watching. "Happy birthday, by the way."

"That was two weeks ago. You were there."

"But I just wanted to ask... because you turned eighteen and all... Did you and Pete have epic birthday sex?"

"Oh, the best, most epic birthday sex."

"Tell me everything."

"Since when do you have the intrigue to talk about sex?"

"Since now?" Good. Just talk. Gossip. If Pete is watching, he'll be jealous. That's what we want. That's what Brendon wants.

"I don't get you, Dal. I really don't."

He has that winning smile. And his hand is resting on my knee. A comforting gesture. A friendly gesture, nothing more. "I should probably get back to Brendon now."

"But we're only halfway through break."

"Well, you know what Brendon's like." I throw him a little wink.

"Alright, just be safe. Don't let him... force you into anything."

"Promise." Ok, now that's a lie. Usually, if I've not been a good boy, Brendon will do things to me that I don't like. Painful things. But I take it nonetheless. And anyway, like today, most of the time, I'm good. So whatever reward he's got up his sleeve for me, it's something I'm looking forward to immensely.

"Same time tomorrow?"

"See ya, Trick." We stand, and we hug. I force him into that hug, for good measure, and luckily he accepts it with gratitude. Then I scurry off to meet Brendon, who's waiting for me just outside the recreation area, as planned. "Did you see it all, Brenny? Was I good?"

He doesn't look me in the eye. He runs his hands all about my thighs, turning them to jelly. "You were great, doll."

"Now can I have whatever I want, just like you promised?"

"Of course. Now, you head on back to our room."

"Can't you come with me now?" I whine with desperation.

Brendon's eyes flash with a minute amount of irritation. "I just need to go talk to someone."

"Who?"

Why I feel the need to question my dominant, I do not know. I would never dare. Perhaps it's because I want his discipline rather than his pleasure. I mean, I do. Didn't I flirt with Patrick just now? And isn't that bad, even though that was Brendon's intention?

"Go to your room."

"But I want to know who-"

He gives in, sighing. "Pete."

"He saw it too, didn't he? Was he not supposed to?"

"Of course he was."

"Are you going to-?"

"You ask too many questions."

I hang my head low. "I've not been a good boy."

Brendon lifts my chin up with a forefinger and studies my face, carefully choreographing his response. "If you insist."