Chapter 2: The Prophecy?

Aries and Sagittarius sat around a small fire, occasionally glancing towards Leo, who was currently curled up under a tree and sleeping.

The sun was ever so slightly peeping over the horizon, but the air was chilly.

"Do you think he's gone insane?" Sagittarius asked in a low tone, gesturing towards the blond-haired male. Aries quietly pondered it. "I don't think so. Maybe... maybe the prophecy really is real."

"And are we going to go running off to find nine people when we don't even know if this prophecy exists or not?!" Sagittarius suddenly yelled. Aries shushed her and pointed at Leo.

"We should talk to him when he wakes. There might actually be a chance that it's real... we don't know what powers people have beyond the wall. Maybe one of them is telling the future."

Sagittarius glowered at Aries, but after a heated staring competition, she sighed and stood up. "Fine! Whatever! But we have to return home after we're done, you understand?"

Aries stood up as well. "We don't know how long it'll take. Maybe we should send them a message so they won't be worried."

"You idiot!" Sagittarius hissed. "We're doing something illegal. You know they always say not to leave our kingdom because there are -" she waved her hands in the air for emphasis - "scary things outside."

"But we've never actually been told what scary things. We've been sitting out here for ages and nothing's come and get us. Maybe there are actually people out there."

"That's just some myth. Come on, imagine someone, like... bending water!" she yelled. "It's possible." Aries replied, beginning to lose his temper. They were about to start literally punching each other when Leo stood up.

"Hey, guys, stop!" he yelled, unconsciously running a hand through his hair to check for any bugs. "I... I heard it all."

The two fire signs froze and turned towards him. "Oh." Sagittarius said slowly. "Don't worry, I'm not offended." he added, after seeing their expressions. "But... come on! Even if there isn't some mystical prophecy, why don't we explore a little? We might never get this chance again."

Aries stared at him, slowly contemplating the thought. Sagittarius was already grinning. "Yeah, come on! Let's go! We'll be back before the sun sets!"

Aries put out the fire with a thoughtful look. Leo tugged at his sleeve eagerly. "Come on, Aries, I know you're curious!"

The red-headed male finally gave in. "Alright, just be careful. And we should travel in a group just in case there really are... things out there. Like that... thing Leo claimed -" "I did see it!" "- he saw."

The three fire signs packed up and headed off, ready to fight off anything in their way.

---

"Cancer! Pisces!" Scorpio yelled, looking around wildly and hissing as he felt pain shoot through his arm. He hated to admit it, but yes - he did care for the two overemotional girls that were his 'friends'... he supposed.

Millions of thoughts rushed through his head. They got captured... no. It can't be. I should have been protecting them. Why didn't I stop them from trying to -

An arrow whizzed past his face. Scorpio swore under his breath and turned to run, placing a hand on his cheek as he did so. Pulling his hand away, he realised the arrow had nicked him.

No, no, how can I rescue them now. They must have drugged the arrow. No, I can't let them...

Everything was becoming hazy. His legs buckled. He desperately lunged for a blurry gap in the wall he had been running along.