Chapter 6: Retrieving the Three

Aquarius soared through the night sky, her white wings glowing faintly in the dark.

"The stars are beautiful tonight." She said to no one in particular. She slowed down slightly to gaze up at the night sky. "I wonder... are the stars different beyond the wall? Or do we all live under the same sky?"

She was broken out of her thoughts by the familiar light of her village. She quickly located Libra's dwelling and entered without knocking, knowing by now that Libra wouldn't mind anyways.

"Libra~" she sang softly, looking around. "GEMINI!" Someone yelled. Aquarius chuckled. "Well, actually, it's Aquarius, but nice try - oh." She entered the kitchen to find Libra covered with flour.

"Gemini got you again, huh?" she said cheerfully, sitting down on a table. Libra grunted something in response and shook himself off. "I'm going to need to sweep this up... hm."

Libra immediately calmed down and shook his head. "Huh... I really should start predicting Gemini's pranks."

"Hey, Libra!" Aquarius called. "Listen to me for a second." She hopped off the table and landed in front of Libra. "We're going to go on an adventure!"

"Hm? Oh, sure. Have fun." Libra said, distracted with his cleaning. Aquarius giggled. "No, silly. We. You know? Me, Gem and you? All three of us? Adventure? Beyond the wall?"

Libra's eyes widened. "Wait, what did you say?! Us? Beyond the wall? That's illegal, you don't know what'll happen to you -" "Then we won't get caught!" Aquarius replied, smirking. "Or what? Are you a... chicken?" Aquarius flapped her arms, mimicking a chicken. "Buawk buawk buawk!"

Libra rolled his eyes. "You seriously have to be kidding me." He muttered as he continued sweeping up the flour. "Buawk!" Aquarius replied, hopping around Libra.

"Fine, fine, I'll bite. What are you talking about?" Libra asked, putting down the broom. Aquarius smirked at her success. "Alright! So, you see..."

---

"I promise, it'll be fine! After all, we're going to save the world!" Aquarius said cheerfully. "Without you, well, what will we do without you?" Libra chuckled at the thought. "True. You and Gemini..." His thoughtful expression vanished. "But... our families. Our people."

Aquarius hesitated. "Well... I guess we can come back after... after saving the world?" "But... it's illegal... Will they let us in?"

"Once we save the world, they will." Aquarius replied, looking into his eyes, suddenly serious. "Leo... he heard a prophecy. It will come true. It must."

Libra was silent for a few seconds. "Alright, let me see this... Leo person and his mythical prophecy, then I'll decide whether we should go." He snapped his fingers, the flour and broom forgotten. "Where are they?" he asked, jogging out of the house and leaping straight off the side of the mountain the house had been built on.

Aquarius hardly flinched and simply swooped down to reply, "By the south side of the wall!" she replied. Libra landed lightly on a giant eagle that he had summoned and nodded. "Alright, let's go!"

---

"Oh, look, there they are!" Gemini called, hurrying to the edge of the cliff. The other six zodiac signs hurried over to see Aquarius's shimmering white wings and the shadow of a large bird. "Aqua! Libra!" Gemini yelled, waving wildly. The two figures glided down towards them.

The two wind signs landed lightly beside the seven zodiac signs and the giant bird soared away, vanishing behind some clouds.

Libra looked over the six zodiac signs. "So... I'm Libra, as Gemini might've told you... actually, I'm certain that she's told you." "Yep!" Gemini replied, grinning back. "How did you know?"