Chapter 14: Ruler of Earth

King Terrest was rather short for a man for his age, but everyone could feel the power radiating off him. The ruler of Earthia had warm cocoa skin and dark brown hair tucked carefully under his hood.

His green eyes slowly flickered over each elemental. "Now, now... I must apologise for all this... business. My Royal Guard get a little... overexcited when hunting. Now, from what I've heard, you've caused a lot of trouble throughout Zodiax."

"It's not our fault! They just... you know, somehow happen to... get in our way!" Leo protested.

King Terrest chuckled softly and shook his head. "Well, well. Aren't you all troublemakers... we're lucky to have gotten you before you wrecked havoc in my kingdom."

"If you didn't try to kill us, then maybe we would've just left you and your kingdom peacefully!" Sagittarius added.

King Terrest sighed, but his lips quirked upwards in a smile. "You've caused too much trouble everywhere for us to simply let you go. I don't intend on executing you, though... Galatea never was one to wait and ask questions, but I didn't expect her to get herself killed."

"Galatea?" Cancer repeated, sounding confused. "That sounds... familiar."

"Ah, Galatea... she was a beautiful woman. A good leader, too. Shame we had to split up." King Terrest continued, before turning his attention to Cancer. "Ah. You must be a water elemental... am I correct?"

"Um..." Cancer mumbled, suddenly uncomfortable with the attention.

"That's none of your business." Scorpio growled after seeing Cancer's discomfort. King Terrest turned his attention to Scorpio and an amused smile crossed his face.

"Hmm. You must be a water elemental, too. How... sweet. Caring for your fellow water elementals. You know, you remind me of my son's boyfriend... what was his name again...? He keeps on sneaking into the castle at midnight to see him. They're a good couple, but I'm worried on how the people would take it... ah, I wish my son would trust me some more..."

Lycan let out a loud "ahem". King Terrest glanced over at him. "Oh, I've gotten off topic, have I? Anyways, Galatea was the former queen of Wateria. I assume she never told any of her people her real name, hm? She never did like it... thought it made her sound less intimidating."

"Just tell us what you're going to do with us already!" Scorpio snapped. King Terrest ignored him and continued to talk.

"Now... I'll have to let one of you explain what happened to her. I only got a single letter from her daughter about her death... anything beyond that is a mystery."

"She was going to kill us." Pisces said softly. "For... looking beyond the barrier."

"Oh, you poor things." King Terrest mumbled. Lycan let out a slow, drawn out growl of anger. "Your Highness... they are traitors and trespassers. You cannot be... sympathising with them!"

"Oh, yes, of course. You were found trespassing in Earthia... now, even though you are merely children -"

"We're teenagers!" Gemini interrupted him.

"- there will be consequences. Unfortunately, I cannot protect all of you - I must return you to your rightful land, and there, your leaders can decide what to do with you." He eyed the three earth elementals. "You three... I understand you wanted to protect them, but they are trespassers. I will deal with you three later, you understand?"

The three earth elementals were silent.

"This can't be..." Leo whispered softly. "This can't be the end of our journey... the prophecy must be real, right?"