Chapter 32: Epilogue

The sun shone upon the land of Zodiax, illuminating the land in a warm glow.

Lush forests covered the land, seamlessly merging into wide, grassy expanses of land. Lakes and rivers crisscrossed the area, glittering in a multitude of colours beneath the sky. Across the land were the faint scars of dark earth that had faded away over time. Mountain ranges dotted the land far away, showing nothing of the darkness that had lurked there only months before.

A teenager with red hair stood alone on the edge of a cliff, gazing out over the forests of what what formerly Wateria. To his right were the mountains and cliffs of where the air elementals used to reside, and even farther away, he could almost see the forests and caves of what was previously Earthia.

Aries.

A brown haired girl quietly approached him from behind. The male seemed to notice, but didn't respond.

Sagittarius.

She said nothing, but made her way next to the other teenager to stare out over the land as well.

They stood in a peaceful silence, simply admiring the view. At least, that was until the sound of wingbeats filled the air.

"Hey!"

The two teenagers turned to look. Two giant birds and two girls with wings landed lightly next to time.

"Long time no see. Well, not really, but, y'know." The purple-haired girl with the large white wings spoke with a smile.

Aquarius.

The girl next to her brushed her red-orange hair out of her eyes and folded back her lavender wings - which were significantly smaller. "Yep!" She glanced back at the two large birds. "C'mon, guys, why are you so slow?"

Gemini.

"I like to take things slow and steady. Is that a bad thing?" The grey haired male hopped off his bird and helped the blue-haired girl that had been sitting behind him off.

Libra.

"Thanks," the girl replied, smiling as she hurried over to the other bird.

Cancer.

The black-haired male that had been sitting on the other bird had already slid off. He quickly helped the blond-haired girl down and glanced at the blunette.

Scorpio.

"Thank you!" The blond-haired girl exclaimed, grinning as she tried to embrace the male. The black-haired male flinched at the touch but allowed the girl to hug him.

Pisces.

"The others should be arriving at any moment." Libra remarked. "They said they would -"

"Virgo would never let us be late." A voice rang out. Two deer and a goat bounded out from the forests below and easily leaped up the rocks, quickly scaling their way up to where the others were standing.

A white-haired male dismounted his goat, breathing heavily. "Virgo said that the last one awake and out would have to ride a goat because it's the 'bumpiest' ride, apparently. I never would've lost, but I stayed up late last night reading up on a really interesting article on elemental powers."

Capricorn.

"Stop making excuses, Cap." A brown haired male quickly jumped off his deer and smirked. "You're just saying that because you hate to lose."

Taurus.

"Stop bickering again." A girl with dirty blonde hair in a ponytail gracefully slid off her deer and sent them away with a wave of her hand. "I wasn't going to actually make you ride a goat, but your attitude this morning made me decide to go through with it."