Horizons.

Horizons.

Chapter 1.

Flora p.o.v

I walk the track down to the victors village, it's one week until my birthday and the reaping day, when I'll become a mentor to whichever unfortunate girl who's name ends up on that peice of paper. I pull my bow further over my shoulder where it's slipping and place my hand on my swollen stomach hidden by one of Harry's baggy shirts that I use for hunting. 16 weeks today. 

I've been told not to hunt while pregnant but only by my mum seeing as she's sort of taken on the role of district doctor, but no-one listens to their mum do they. And it's the only thing I do besides eat at the moment, as I arrive into the close that has 12 houses named the victors village I turn right to mine and Harry's, Beth lives with her family and now Niall in the one next to ours, Lou and Sophie have one next to their's, then Hanna and Zayn, and Liam and Sabrina in the next one, My Mum,Dad and Ox live in one the other side of us and Harry's family opposite. So we're quite a close community and I think snow is happy that we're not all communicating in different districts. 

It's kind of weird to be having a baby with someone I didn't even think I knew less than a year ago, we're not even married which means the baby is sure to be something of a scandal in the Capitol , no-one out of our close circle of friend's and family know, but there is a date for the wedding, after the games they want to make it a public affair and take us to the capitol, so willow's going to be doing dress fittings anyway, which may be a problem, but you can't tell just yet depends on what I wear and for how much longer I can pass off the 'I had a massive lunch' excuse.

I pull my coat tighter around me as the late August sun sets it's getting chillier, I arrive at our blue door and turn the handle Harry's sitting on the sofa or rather lying with his feet up.

I sling my bow down in the hall and pull my boats off hanging my coat up. Harry looks over. 

"You're not meant to hunt, you could do damage to the baby" He says tilting his head and smiling. 

"Yes and you're not meant to have your feet up on my sofa's but you do it!" I say shoving his legs over and flopping down with a sigh.

"Fair point" He says letting it drop. 

"A letter came for you" He says running his hand up and down my side. 

"Oh okay" I say starting to get up. 

"Stay there, I'll get it" I smile greatfully and he heads into the kitchen, he puts his head round the door. 

"Do you want your favourite ?" he gives me a wink. I nod grinning at him, he returns a few minuetes later with a frothy hot chocolate and a letter handing them both to me, I kiss his cheek, he's so good to me, I couldn't have ended up with anyone better, I think it's fate surviving what we did and everything.

I turn the letter over toughtfully ,crossing my legs, I look at the wax seal of panem, this surely means a letter from the Capitol, we've never had one of these before I look at Harry and he raises his eyebrows, I try to open the seal but it's stuck fast. 

"Need some help ?" Harry laughs, I nod and he snaps it open easily passing it back. 

I your president snow beleive I ought to write to you as you are the only one of whom it will concern, there have been some changes to the rules in the 77th Hunger Games, the first rule change will be :

1. All previous victors within the age range (12-18) must now be entered into the draw on reaping day. 

2. No underlying medical condition will exclude you from the reaping.