Horizons - Chapter 3 - Gathering.

Horizons. 

Chapter 3.

Flora p.o.v

I finish the washing up and flick my hands dry as I stare out of the window and into the garden, I was here only a few hours ago, shaken by the disturbing images of my nightmare, I don't even understand why I had it, they're usually just enhanced,scarier replays of what actually happened in the arena, like the dogs, or Raven's dead body, or Reflection Lake.

Why would I think that about Harry ? I love him, I just don't understand it, it's still bugging me and I know it will for ages, I look at the clock and see it's 12 and we're meant to be at Louis and Sophie's for 1 because they're cooking everyone lunch, we haven't yet decided wether we're going to tell everyone about the whole going back into the arena thing, they're going to realise though when I get put into my age group square. But none of them will be very happy and I don't want to ruin the atmosphere, I bite my lip as I search through the wardrobe.

I need something that hides the bump because even though I'm not going into the square or anywhere today people sometimes walk to the victors village, no risks can be taken, but it's not going to be hidden forever and tommorow I have to get up in front of the whole district and do a mentors speech, like they do every year a week or so before the games, but then again, if I get put into the arena Beth's Mum will be back on the job. I'd probably make an awful mentor.,

I settle on a blue cotton dress, it'll do, I'll just wear a coat or something, I pull my long hair into a messy fishtail braid down my shoulder, I'm already shattered,

last night is getting to me, I'd prefer to just go back to sleep, I flop down on the bed, I can't be bothered with the victor buisness, I don't need nor want the stress of it.

Harry comes in topless from the shower as he searches through the wardrobe I just made a mess of. 

"Do you know where my white shirt is ?" He asks.

"Emm yeah, sorry I think I moved it when I was looking for something" I say getting up, and looking under a pile of my stuff, I pull it out and hand it to him, I turn away but he pulls me back gently studying my face closely. 

"You look tired" He says putting a hand on my cheek. 

"I am" I say. 

"Well we don't have to go y'know " He says. 

"It's fine, I don't want to let everyone down" I say smiling before leaving him to get dressed. 

We're soon walking hand in hand through the village, today is comparitavely warm for late august but my covering coat is welcome as the breeze is chilly.

We walk up Lou and Sophie's neat front path, I see Louis at the window and he waves to us reaching the front door before we do. 

"Come in guys" He says pulling us both into a hug and sending Harry through to the dining room.

"Can I borrow her for a minuete?" he asks Harry , Harry nods tilting his head at me but he carrys on into the dining room anyway and I hear Sophie and his parents greet him, then I hear Hanna ask where I am and I'm unaware Louis' trying to talk to me. 

"Flora ? Floraaaa ?" He laughs clicking his fingers in front of my face.

"Oh sorry " I murmer snapping back to attention. 

"Does Harry know you spoke to me yesterday?"  He asks.

"No..no it'll be easier if you pretend to find out when we tell everybody else" I say.