Horizons - Chapter 2 - Nightmare.

Horizons.

Chapter 2. 

Harry p.o.v

I wake up to the sound of an ear splitting scream and sit bolt up right, I look to Flora who's tossing and turning, and tears are pouring down her cheeks I can see that even from the chink of light falling through the curtains, She moans my name and I lean down my heart still pounding from where she woke me up. 

"It's okay" I whisper using my body to stop her from thrashing around again, she's still not properly awake and she's still sobbing with her eyes closed, I shake her gently and she wakes up her eyes wide and her breathing fast and ragged. 

"Harry ?" she whines. 

"Yes.. yeah I'm here" I say pulling her tight to me, she goes into silence but her breathing is still fast. 

"What was it this time ?" I whisper cradling her , she's had them every night recently, I have no idea whether it's due to pregnancy or what ,but there's images from the arena I'll never get rid of that will haunt me forever.

"I don't want to talk about it" she murmers rolling over flat on her back and looking up at me, where I'm lying on my side. I wipe her damp face with my thumb. 

"You always want to talk about it though" I say, she usually tells me and then sometimes I sing to her and she'll go straight back to sleep.

"It was the worst one yet" she murmers. 

"You can tell me" I whisper kissing her cheeks, she sighs and sits up. 

"I'm hungry" she laughs but it doesn't sound genuine, she wriggles out of my grasp and grabs a cardigan from the back of the chair and slips out of the door silently pulling it round her shoulders, I don't know whether it's worse because of the news we got, all that could be real again for her in a matter of weeks. 

I decide I should go and see if she's okay, I get up rubbing my eyes, and pad down the creaky stairs shivering because it's freezing and I'm only wearing boxers. Flora's standing by the window as I walk in her back to me, she hasn't even turned the lights on. She's staring down the moonlit garden, I can't even see anything of interest. 

I slide my arms gently around her waist holding her to me but she doesn't even react. 

"Thought you wanted food" I whisper moving her hair out the way of her ear. 

"No... I'm not hungry anymore" she says. 

"Are you sure ? I can make you something if you want ?"  I say glancing at the clock, two in the morning, brilliant. 

"No it's okay, you didn't have to come down here" She says turning around to face me, her cheeks are still all damp though. 

"Don't be silly" I say. 

"Hm you're silly, go back to bed" she orders with absolutely no authority at all.

 "I want to find out about the dream, you always tell me" I whisper. 

"Well seeing as I'm not hungry anymore I'll tell you in bed ?" She sighs and gets a glass of water before leaving the kitchen pulling me by the hand behind her. As we get into bed I notice she's shivering, I wrap myself and the covers around her, rubbing her back comfortingly, once I can feel her body warm on mine, and I know she's not sleeping because her breathing is still slightly panicked, I adress the question again.

"Tell me then ?" I ask holding her closer to me so her hair tickles my cheek. 

"Ade was in it" She whispers. 

"Has he ever been in it before ?" I ask. 

"Suprisingly no..." she says. 

"What happened after that ?" I ask. 

"It was him killing..." She trails off. 

"Who was he killing ?" I ask, she goes silent and I feel her breathing quicken like she's crying again.

"It's okay you can tell me.." I say. 

"It was you Harry" she says breaking into full sobbing again. 

"No.. don't cry it's okay, it's not your fault" I say holding her to me as she sobs into the pillow. 

"It is! because it didn't happen in reality, it was all me!" she says still crying, I don't blame her at all whatever she thinks. 

"Flora it's okay it's just hormones and stuff and it's your unconciouss mind you had no choice" I argue gently trying to get her face away from the pillow to give her a kiss and make her feel better. 

"Why did it happen then ?" she says raising her head. 

"Because of everything that's happening, I don't blame you I promise, we don't even have to speak about it again" I whisper kissing her on the lips quickly and then on her neck and cheeks which settles her down.  She lies back down on the pillow and I lean over her.

"Forget it for me okay ?" I whisper. 

"But I ca-" she starts to protest, I silence her by pressing my lips to hers.

"Sing for me?" she changes tack. 

"Hmm okay" I smile in the dark and she smiles back.

"Which one ?" I ask. 

"You know which one" she murmers sighing and relaxing into my arms.

"Deep in the meadow, under the willow 

A bed of grass, a soft green pillow 

Lay down your head, and close your sleepy eyes 

And when again they open, the sun will rise. 

Here it's safe, here it's warm 

Here the daisies guard you from every harm 

Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true 

Here is the place where I love you" 

Before I finish the second verse she's out breathing soft and harmonious, singing always works, I never considered myself to be that good but I suppose if she likes it then I have no problems, either that or I'm so boring she can't keep her eyes open, I lie down and drift straight into oblivion