Episode 9 - Garuda

Chapter 9 – Garuda

“You’re pretty good.” Vrede said as he stepped back from the attacking long haired student. Seiryu followed up with two slashes from his blade, but the former just evaded the attack with ease once again. His flame wings now had burned even brighter. “And now I’m saying that seriously.” He added.

Seiryu stopped attacking and once again they were both in a stare down.

“I thought you’d stop talking.” He said to him with a smug look on his face.

“Can’t help it, I’m a talkative guy.” Vrede replied as he jumped up high in the air. A flaming phoenix had appeared behind him as he jumped up high. “Garuda Fire Rain!” he shouted as flames of red color wrapped themselves around his arms.

It began to rain fire from above as Seiryu sped through each fire blast in order to get to safety. Darkness charge around him as he countered some fire blasts with his own darkness flares; it would seem that the two combatants would not run out of energy as they continued the fight, but that can never be the case for there is always a victor in every battle.

Vrede landed on the ground as he noticed that Seiryu was still running around him with very fast speed. The fire wielding Sentis member then conjured flames around him now and waves of red and gray fire appeared from both of his arms.

“Fires of Garuda, and Fires of Exion, come to my aid.” He chanted as fire rains continued to rage around him. The red and gray fires now began to combine in one of his hands. “Hooryuho (Phoenix Dragon Fire)!” he shouted as the flames of grey and red began to take form of a dragon blast with phoenix wings.

“Shit.” Seiryu said as he tried to outrun the dragon fire that was going close to him. He then felt an energy speed past him and on the other side he was shocked at what he saw.

“Ain’t gonna escape that easily!” Vrede said as he twirled his sickle on his left hand while his right conjured the fire dragon. His left hand now was conjuring a bright orange flame that took a shape of a pure phoenix this time. “Garuda no hi Tsubasa (Fire wings of Garuda)!” he shouted as the phoenix fire tried to collide with Seiryu as well.

The long haired student found himself cornered between the Dragon fire blast and the phoenix fire blast and as the two flame creatures closed in he tried to think of a way to dodge the attack.

“Damn it!” he shouted as his darkness tried to serve as a shield in the incoming attack.

“It’s no use!” Vrede shouted and right on cue the flaming dragon and the flaming phoenix collided with the Treyah student.

An explosion of grey and red flame was produced as a byproduct of the collision and a huge smirk had approached Vrede’s face. He smiled evilly, for he had known that he had defeated one of the stronger members of the enemy party that had attacked them.

Or so he thought.

The fog had cleared up and it revealed the long haired student laying face first on the ground. He was still holding on his katana but the grip seemed not to be tighter than he usually holds it.

“I told you” Vrede said as he twirled one of his sickles. “You’re no match for me.” He said as he exhaled fire from his mouth.

“Sh-shut…up…” Seiryu tried to say as he was slowly trying to get up.

“You don’t know when to give up do you?” he said as he followed it up with an evil laugh.

Seiryu’s head was still down but his body continued to get up. This movement from him alone had already brought surprise to the red haired Sentis member.