Chapter Five

Cora smiled as she looked down at Abel, their eyes connecting as she felt their bond grow. She wasn't his mother, but she loved him like he was her own son. She had always wanted kids, but she wanted to wait until she was ready, not when she was forced to have them. She knew that Jax was the one she wanted to marry, but she was more than okay with taking everything slow.

It had been almost four days since Jax had given her, her first orgasm a moment that she was constantly thinking about. Jax had been so busy with club business that last few days, Clay constantly talking about the Irish and guns, everything lost on Cora as she wanted to remain out of club business.

Cora jumped as Jax walked into the house, his face stern as he walked past her and into the bedroom, her brow lowering as she knew he was upset. Cora gently set Abel in his crib and shut the door, her hands clasped together as she slowly walked into the room. She saw Jax texting on his phone his jaw tight and his eyes dark as he punched the buttons.

"Jax?"

"WHAT!" He snapped, Cora jumping back as she put her hands up and walked from the room, Jax calling after her as she stepped in the kitchen. "Baby—I'm sorry I snapped." Jax said as he wrapped his arms around her, Cora sighing as she sank into his body a small smile on her face as she knew that everyone had bad days.

"I know baby, anything you wanna talk about?" She asked as she turned towards him, his eyes softer as they gazed into hers. Jax laced his fingers with Cora's a smile on his face as he gently pecked her lips. "Why don't you go get comfortable in the bedroom, I can rub your shoulders." She smiled as turned from Jax, her body shaking as she felt her body grow hot.

Normally she would take off when Jax got home, after a heavy makeout session, but tonight felt different. She knew that she was slowly started to feel ready for the big step, but part of her still didn't know if she could emotionally handle it.

Cora gasped as she walked into the bedroom, her eyes going straight the large tattoo that ran across Jax's back. This was the first time she was seeing Jax half-naked, her eyes scanning every inch of his desirable skin.

"Go ahead and look." Jax smirked as he turned to face her, Cora biting her lip as she looked at his perfectly outlined chest and abs. "Sit down, you look tense, honey." Cora said as she slipped behind him on the bed, her hands shaking as she finally dug her hands into his warm skin. She smiled as she listened into him groan and fully relax under her touch, her heart racing as she imagined what it would be like to make love to him. "Shit." Jax whispered as Cora gently kissed his neck, her arms wrapping around him as she pressed her body against his. Her mind was racing out of control and her body was trembling like a leaf, but she needed him in that moment.

Jax turned and pushed her down to the bed, their lips connected as he covered her body with his, his member growing hard in his jeans as he felt something he hadn't felt since his first time; nervous.

"Why are you shaking?" Cora asked as she broke the kiss, her hand brushing through his long blonde hair. She could see the anxiety on his face, everything about the moment feeling right.

"I'll be alright baby—are you okay?" Jax asked as he kissed the corner of her mouth, his hand gently sliding under her loose fitting grey shirt. He smirked as he watched as she closed her eyes and surrendered to the moment.

Jax sat up and motioned for Cora, his hands gently pulling her shirt over her head, watching as her arms instantly covered her chest. "Don't hide from me baby- let me see you." Jax whispered as he gently took her hands in his. Jax pressed his lips to hers as he reached around the removed her white cotton bra, feeling her body tense as he pulled it down her arms.