Chapter Six

STRONG SEXUAL CONTENT

Jax sat on his bed, his head in his hands as the world felt numb around him. It had been two days since Cora had taken off, two days of calling and searching with no luck or clues. He was terrified that he had lost her, terrified that the only woman he truly ever loved, the only woman to every understand him had run from his life.

He hadn't slept and had barely eaten since she had left, his eyes red and raw from crying and his body feeling heavy as he feared the worst. Jax sighed as he heard his front door open and close, hoping it wasn't his mother telling him to take a shower and get some rest, since he knew that was no use. He didn't want to rest until he had Cora back in his arms or at least until he knew she was alright.

"Jax?" Opie said as Jax walked into the kitchen, his brow lowered as he saw Donna with Opie, the look on her face concerning to him since she looked like she had been crying. "Donna knows where Cora is." Opie said as he crossed his arms over his chest, Jax feeling his heart jump as he ran his hands through his hair.

"Two days ago, I saw her at the store, she was crying and confused so I gave her my key to the cabin and told her to just stay there till she got her head straight—Jax I am so sorry I didn't tell you." Donna said as Jax pushed past them and rushed from his house, knowing that Gemma was watching Abel till at least tomorrow.

"Why didn't you tell me Donna? You stood right there in my mothers kitchen and acted like you didn't know shit!" Jax yelled as Donna and Opie followed him to his bike, Donna nodding her head as she stood behind Opie, Jax rolling his eyes as he knew she no doubt had her reasons.

"Just be careful man—big storm is coming." Opie said as he tapped his friend on the shoulder, Jax nodding his head as he started his bike, his entire body shaking as he knew that he only had one chance to bring Cora home.

                                                                                                  ****

Jax parked next to Cora's car, his heart racing as he stepped inside and out of the pouring rain, his clothes soaked and his body shivering. He kicked off his boots and removed his kutte, his hand running through his wet hair as his eyes scanned for Cora . Jax sighed and walked towards the back bedroom, hoping that he would find her.

Jax smiled as he saw her sleeping on the bed, her hair falling around her as she looked so calm and peaceful. Jax sat on the bed, his hand brushing some hair from her face as he watched as she slowly stirred awake, their eyes connecting moments later.

Jax sighed as Cora shot up and wrapped her around him, her body shaking as he held her close to him, neither of them caring that his clothes were soaking wet. "I'm so sorry Jax, I just got so scared and confused." Cora said as she pulled away.

"I'm sorry about Tara, baby, she means nothing to me. When you left--it was one of the worst moments of my fuckin life." Jax said as he gently kissed her lips, both getting lost in the moment as Jax pushed her back onto the bed, her hands pulling his wet shirt up and over his head.

"Jax—you are freezing—come on, honey." Cora said as she slipped out from under him and grabbed his hand, pulling him into the bathroom. Cora started the shower, Jax loving just how she took care of him, even though they had gone almost three days with no contact.

"I'll shower—but only if you join me." Jax whispered as he gently pecked her lips, Cora blushing as she bit her lip and leaned against the door, watching as Jax pulled off the rest of his clothes. "What's wrong?" Jax asked as he noticed the look on her face as she took in his naked body.