Prologue

Emma's POV-
Flashback 12 years ago(she's 17 in the story)
I was at the park with my best friend Emily. We were playing on the monkey bars but then it started to storm out. So we went down under cover waiting for my mom to pick us up. Soon after my mom picked us up taking Emily home saving her mom a trip. When we got home I went to go play dolls. After I was done with the  dolls for a little while I decided to go watch my favorite show The Wonder Pets. My mom was in the kitchen making dinner for us. Then we got a call on the home phone. My mom picked it up listened then said " Yes this is she. Is there something you need?" It was quite for a couple of seconds before my mom collapsed on the on the floor in tears. I ran to my mommy and asked her what was wrong. She responded with " I don't know how to say this b-but your father died." I didn't really understand what she meant by that but as the days went by we didn't see my father at all. Then I understood. My dad was no longer with us. He was dead. I then broke down in pieces not knowing what to do. But as more days went by my mom was not being herself. She started to drink this really funny smelling liquid I didn't know what it was but just by the smell I knew it was a bad thing. As I started to grow older my mom started to beat me up I don't know why but I think it had to do something with my dad dying when I was 5. I'm 13 now so I can walk my self to and from school now. It was just a normal day as usual waking up eating breakfast then going to school. When I got home it was a bit different I got home went up to my room and did my homework. Then all of a sudden my mom came barging in my room with a belt and a knife. Little did I know that was the worst beating of my life. I was put in a hospital for a month. The only person who visited me was Emily. After that I just ignored my mom. I still got my daily beatings but they were much calmer. Until one day it all changed.

A/N
Hey guys what's up this is my first official story. I will update as much as I can. I hope you all like it and enjoy reading it as much as I like writing it. Remember if you like it make sure to give it a big nice vote comment and follow me for other books I'll be writing in the future. That's all I have to say right now so I'll see you guys next time when I update and IT AINT MY *VOICE CRACK*FAULT I'm sorry I had to😂