"I need you to do me a favor"

"What's that?" I asked turning towards her as I swallowed my food

"Promise me if something happens...you won't look for me" I set down my burger as I look her in the eyes "What?"

"I want you to live your life, not ruin it because of a stupid girl like me" She looked down as she poked at her food with her fork. "Your crazy if you think your stupid and I won't look for you, your my best friend Chae"

"Exactly and that's why I'm asking you to do me this favor and live your life, I don't want to be the reason your life is ruined"

"Why are you saying all of this?"

"Becau-it doesn't matter anymore, finish your food it'll get cold"

"I don't need to hear my mom right now, I need to hear you what's wrong?"

"Doesn't matter"

"Of course it matters your my best friend Chae and I care for you" I say placing my hand on hers giving her a reassuring smile, she looked up at me as tears started to form in her eyes. I quickly got up from my seat as I rush to her side "Chae, what's wrong?"

"N-nothing I just.." Before I know it she crying on my chest as she gripped my shirt "M-my parents they are fighting again and I t-think my m-mom is gonna leave m-my Dad" She sniffled onto my shirt. I pulled her close to me, rubbing small circles on her back trying to calm her down "Shhh don't think like that"

"But it's worse this time and she threaten my Dad that she would take me with her and leave him..."

"Don't worry they will work it out...they always do" She held onto my shirt like her life depended on it as I hummed to her, knowing it'll calm her down.

The way she sounded...It didn't sound like she was gonna move away, It sounded like she was gonna run away...