vii. her christmas

────── 🎶─────

Aimeé giggled excitedly as she climbed on a ladder and placed a Christmas garland on a window pane of Dalton Academy, along with her were her fellow Warblers and Dalton students.

They were decorating the school for the holidays.

"I'm done hanging a garland here!"

"Me too!"

"Hey! Someone help me with his wreath!"

"Here, I'll help you! I'm done hanging mine."

Aimeé smiled as she watched the others help each other decorate their beloved school. She threw a knowing glance to her fellow Warblers scattered around the hallway.

The Warblers smiled and started doing background vocals as they slowly walked over to Aimeé.

Aimeé sat on the ladder as the students' eyes widened in surprise and stopped what they were doing before happily turning to the Warblers.

You're here where you should be
Snow is falling as the carolers sing
It just wasn't the same
Alone on Christmas day

Aimeé carefully climbed down the ladder as Jeff and Nick rushed over to help her. She bent down to take a wrapped box as decoration and held it in her hands, Jeff and Nick following what she did.

Presents, what a beautiful sight

Aimeé, Jeff and Nick glanced at each other before throwing the decorations away.

Don't mean a thing if you ain't holding me tight
You're all that I need

Aimeé hurried over to the railings of the spiral staircase and stared down at the large Christmas tree, which was decorated by the other students.

Underneath the tree

Aimeé walked down the staircase as her fellow Warblers danced down the stairs behind her.

Tonight
I'm gonna hold you close
Make sure that you know
I was lost before you

Aimeé stopped walking and danced on the stairs with Jeff and Nick beside her. Jeff placed his hands securely on her hips and spun her around.