xxxii. her future

────── 🎶─────

────── 🎶─────

Aimeé and Sebastian were standing by the balcony of Dalton, looking over the venue for graduation.

"Ma moitié, what do you plan after graduation?"

"To be your husband."

Aimeé smiled innocently at Sebastian and harshly elbowed his side, making him groan in pain.

"Right, not the time. Sorry."

Aimeé sighed softly. "I'm serious. You haven't talked about what your plans are." she said and pouted childishly.

Sebastian shrugged. "You haven't told me yours either, Mon coeur."

Aimeé nodded sadly. "I know, I haven't. I didn't really think much about it." she said, noticing the Warblers nearby and smiled happily at them.

Sebastian noticed the happiness in her eyes and wrapped his arms around her. "I want to be in Broadway. My childhood dream was always to be on Broadway. I wanted to end up in TV and film. I want to end up there." he said and Aimeé stared at him in awe."But, knowing what you want, I want to stay by your side."

Aimeé looked at him, confused. "What I want?"

Sebastian nodded. "You wanted to stay here, don't you? I see it, Mon coeur, this is your home." he said and cupped her face with his hands. "I want to be where you are."

Aimeé shook her head. "I love you, but I want you to follow your dream, Ma moitié. I want you to go and pursue it. Give everything you've got on stage, I'm going to support you the best I can." she said, sincerely and pecked his lips. "Go. I'll be here when you come back."

🎶

Aimeé stood before the Warblers, who were sitting around inside the senior commons. They were all dressed in their complete dalton uniform while holding their graduation robes.

"Once a Warbler, always a Warbler. We may have walked in the same path for four years, now it's time we part ways."

Aimeé hummed softly as she placed a hand over her heart and glanced around the Warblers.

Oh-oh, oh-oh
Oh-oh, oh-oh
Oh-oh, oh-oh
Oh-oh, oh-oh

The Warblers smiled affectionately at Aimeé as she sang.

Said goodbye, turned around
And you were gone, gone, gone
Faded into the setting sun
Slipped away
But I won't cry
'Cause I know I'll never be lonely
For you are the stars to me
You are the light I follow