xxiv. her first crush

────── 🎶─────

────── 🎶─────

"Graduation always fills the air with mixed emotions. To our beloved Senior Warblers, all of us congratulate you for a great job well done."

Aimeé, Sebastian and the junior Warblers stood before Thad, Wes, David and the other senior Warblers at the senior commons, saying their proper goodbyes.

Aimeé glanced around the Warblers and saw most of them were holding back their tears. It was indeed a sad moment.

"You are leaving us today to continue the journey of your life. You have succeeded in one phase of life and moving ahead for your own betterment. The classroom, the library, the hallways, the spiral staircase and lastly, this room, the senior commons, the room that will remind us of you, that we spent the last four years here singing and dancing. Practicing every single day, practicing for Sectionals, Regionals and Nationals and becoming three-time champions."

Aimeé, Sebastian and the other Warblers stepped forward and each held a flower leis.

"We are proud, and sad to say goodbye."

Aimeé smiled as she walked over to Thad, Wes and David and placed her flower leis around their necks as Sebastian and the other Warblers followed what she did.

Thad, Wes, David and the senior Warblers smiled gratefully to their juniors with tears in their eyes.

"Today your life begins."

The Warblers hummed and backed away as Sebastian grabbed the guitar nearby and started playing.

Sebastian sang as Aimeé and the Warblers backed him up.

I've been working hard so long
Seems like pain has been my only friend
My fragile heart's been done so wrong
I wondered if I'd ever heal again

Aimeé stood beside Sebastian as she sang to her upperclassmen.

(Oh) just like all the seasons never stay the same
All around me I can feel a change (oh)

The Warblers clapped their hands as they sang to the senior Warblers, who had tears in their eyes.

I will break these chains that bind me, happiness will find me
Leave the past behind me, today my life begins
A whole new world is waiting its mine for the taking
I know I can make it today my life begins

Nick, Jeff and Trent sang together.

Yesterday has come and gone
And I've learn how to leave it where it is
And I see that I was wrong
For ever doubting I could win