➳ one

It's been a long time since I went back to the beach. It's been a long time since my dad brought me here.

Flashback

"Appa, can we please go to the beach? It's been a long time since we last went there." I asked my Dad with a pout.

"Sure we can. Let me just finish my presentation." He answered, patting my head. His eyes were looking directly on the screen. He's really working hard nowadays.

"Prepare your things, sweetie. Wake your brother up as well and tell him we're leaving soon." He ordered.

"I will," I answered with a very big smile on my face.

I quickly went upstairs and headed to my brother's room.

"Oppa! Wake up, please. We're going to the beach. Dad told me to tell you to prepare now. We're leaving soon. Get up now. " He groaned and got up then wore his glasses.

"Okay kids, go build some sand castles. I have this urgent meeting in the nearest restaurant by the beach. I will be back in a few minutes." He said as he hurried to the said restaurant.

I love the beach. My dad has always brought me here and my brother since we were little.

I am amused by the sound of the ocean waves and the smell of the sea breeze. We loved collecting rocks and shells. We love the texture of the sand. I just love everything about this place.

We would always build sand castles and whoever had the prettiest castle gets a reward from dad.

"Daejom Oppa! Can we ask Dad to buy us an ice cream?" I asked my brother who was quietly building his sandcastle.

"Sure. Let's go."

On our way to the restaurant, I saw this woman who might be in her late 20s, talking to Dad.

She was wearing high heels, a floral dress, and a red lipstick.

"Appa, is this the lady the one you're having a meeting with?" I asked politely, pointing the lady.

"Yes, she is." He answered and took a sip of his caramel macchiato.

He introduced us to her.

"Please greet her nicely." He ordered us.

We obeyed his order "Annyeonghaseyo." We bowed and greeted her politely.

"Dad, is the meeting already finished?" I asked.

"Then can we go watch the sunset already?" I asked happily.

"Yes! Of course!"

"Dad, can you buy us ice cream?" Oppa asked showing his puppy eyes and pouting his lips.

"Omo, your son's really cute." The lady smiled then patted his head.

"Yes, of course. Anything for my little ones." Dad answered.

We said our goodbyes to the lady then left. Dad bought us ice cream then watched the sunset.

We always loved watching sunsets. This is our time bonding together. Except, Mom's not here today. She went to Seoul because of a business trip.

It's the first time this year to experience this again. It's the first time to experience this without Mom.

"Dad, when will we go back here?"

I asked.

"I'm not really sure when, but when the time finally comes, we'll surely go back here." He answered while brushing my hair.

"Cherish all the moments while we're together, love. I will miss you." Dad said to me and hugged me all of a sudden.

I never knew that this will be the last time that he'll hug me.

"Why does it sound like you'll leave, Dad? Are you gonna go on a business trip?" I asked.

"Not a business trip but I'm going somewhere far away from here."

"How many days will you be gone?" I asked.

Years. It took 7 years.

"I'm not really sure. But I promise I'll take you and DaeJom here as soon as I come back."

You never came back.

"Hyemissi," Dad called me. "Do me a favor."

"What is it?" I asked.

"Please promise me, take care of your Mom while I'm away."

"I promise," I promised.

"Here I want to give this matching angel wings necklace to you and your brother. Always remember that you are my angel. Even if you get lost, your wings will be the one to guide you home. You may not understand what I'm saying right now, but please remember all the things that I'm telling you. Arasseo?" He said and placed the necklace around my neck.

"Arasseo." Both I and my brother nodded in response.

"Thank you so much, Dad. Saranghae." I told him and hugged him.

"Nado saranghae, naui chonsa. (I love you too, my angel.)"

This was the very last time he told me that he loved me. I miss you, Dad.

"Hyemi-ah!" Oppa called me. He came to my place and hugged me out of nowhere. "I'll miss you. Mianhae." He said.

"What are you sorry for? Did you do something wrong?" I asked.

He bawled his eyes out.

"You will soon find out." He answered, placing his arms on my shoulder.

He was sorry for leaving me behind.

"Please promise me, we'll always look for each other even if we got separated okay?" He offered me his pinky finger.

"Pinky promise?" He asked.

"Pinky promise." I answered.

That was our last conversation together. Where are you now, oppa? Why did you leave me too?

End of Flashback

So how's chapter one? Did y'all like it? I know it's sad. Please expect our man on the next chapter. Thank you so much for reading! Please like, comment and share.

170613