➳ two

Quick A/N: Hi guys! It would be better if you listen to seventeen's lean on me and if you're not lazy, please read the English translation too. It might help you to understand this story more because this story is based on the song ☻

It's been 10 years since I last saw them. My mom and I moved to a new house right after they left. It was hard for me at first, but I guess mom wants a new change.

I barely remember my brother's face. Mom kept all our pictures together in a box. She never let me keep a picture, not even a single one. Why care about the past when its nothing but bad memories, she said.

Mom told me that dad had an affair with someone, but I still don't believe her. I know that dad won't ever do such thing.

When they left, I would always ask mom to bring me to the beach but she would always say no. I will cry and cry and cry for hours until she gets to bring me on the beach.

The first time I went to the beach was a week after they left. I'm so glad that I convinced her to bring me there. Thanks to my tears, I got to meet my best friend.

Flashback

"Here." A boy said to me and offered me a handkerchief. I accepted his handkerchief and wiped my tears and blew my nose with it.

"Thanks."

He sat beside me then patted my shoulders. "Why are you crying?" He asked.

I wiped my tears then looked at him. "I'm sorry. But who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Kim Mingyu and you are?" He said, offering his hand to me.

"How can I know that you're someone I can trust my secrets with?" I asked, still not accepting his hand.

"I'm telling you. I can keep secrets." He answered, smiling, still waiting for a handshake.

I smiled. "I'm Jeon Hyemi." I shook hands with him. We shared facts about ourselves.

"So tell me, what was the reason behind your tears?" He asked.

I haven't spoken a word, but by just thinking of it, my eyes won't stop sweating.

"Lean on me." He said. I did what he told me. I leaned on his arms, watching the sunset, remembering all the memories we had together.

I told him every single thing. I don't know why but I felt so comfortable even if it was just the first time meeting him.

He asked me to play with him, so I did. Mom was just seating on the cafe, with her legs crossed, eyes on the screen of her laptop, answering phone calls, and taking a sip from her caramel macchiato.

We built a sandcastle. Like we used to, before. I called my mom then introduced him to Mingyu. I asked her to take pictures of us using our Polaroid camera, with the sandcastle and the view of the sunset behind us.

I was doing the v sign pose for the first shot while he- he's just looking at me. For the second shot, I did a kawaii pose but he told me that we should make the couple heart pose. For the last shot, he told me to lean on his arms.

I was about to give him the first shot we took because I thought the second and third one looked cute, but instead he took the second shot.

"Ya! Why did you take the second and the last shot?!" I asked angrily, slapping his arms.

"Can I keep it? Please." He asked. "I want to keep these forever." He said, looking at the pictures.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Really?!" He gasped, his eyes widen. "We can still take another picture the next time we meet." He winked.

"The question is, when will we meet?" I asked.

He handed me a piece of paper "Here. Here's my address." He said. "Send me a mail, I'll be waiting for it."

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Jeon." He bowed to mom.

"Take care, Mingyu!" Mom let out a smile.

"See you again, Hyemi." He said then hugged me. "When things are hard, send me a mail, come to me. Let's meet so you can lean on my arms and tell me everything." He waved a goodbye then left.

I read the paper that he gave me a while ago. So he lives here in the beach? They own this beach..?

End of Flashback

170615