➳ four

"Hyemi, wake up." He whispered with his low raspy voice. I groaned.

"I'm still sleepy."

"We're late for school you know. The clock is ticking." I immediately stood up from my bed and rushed to the bathroom.

"I'm going down okay? I'll prepare you your lunch. Your mom already left, she asked me to make your lunch since I've been doing this forever." he said while knocking on my bathroom door.

"Okay. Thanks Mingyu." I said.

After a few minutes, I finished taking a bath then changed to my school uniform and prepared. I grabbed my bag then went downstairs.

I headed to the kitchen and there I saw Mingyu preparing me my lunch. I've got to admit, my best friend is damn handsome. I'm so blessed to have a someone like him. I'm unluckily in love with my best friend.

"Thank you so much Mingyu." I hugged him and grabbed my packed lunch.

"Sure. Let's go to school shall we? Mrs. Kang might cut our heads off. We're already late." He laughed.

"Yes we definitely should." I said.

We laughed and headed to school. It's just a 5-minute walk from our house so we got there quickly.

"Good morning Mrs. Kang, sorry we're late." we told Mrs. Kang and bowed.

She gave us her deadly stare while we head to our seats.

The bell rang and it's lunch. I'm feeling a little bit down. How could they forget that my birthday is today? Even my best friend didn't greet me. Usually, he's the first person to greet me on my birthday.

I stood up, took my lunch and went to Mingyu. But before even before I got to him he rushed out the door and left. Why is he being like this?

"Hey, are you okay?" Minji asked. Minji is the one I'm closest to among our group of friends.

"Yes." I smiled. "Let's go to the canteen shall we?" I asked. She nodded.

"Soyeon and Eunha are waiting for us in the canteen." she said.

As we're heading to the canteen, I saw Seokmin. He's also Mingyu's bestfriend.

"Hey Minji can you wait here? I'll just ask Seokmin something." I asked. She nodded and smiled.

I went to Seokmin, he's getting something from his locker, "Seokmin have you seen Mingyu?" I asked.

"No, I'm sorry. He left as soon as the bell rang." he closed his locker and faced to me,"Is there something wrong?" he asked.

"Oh okay. Uhm, no nothing really. Thank you, anyways. I gotta go, bye!" I waved as I walked away.

I came looking for Minji and didn't see her where I left her awhile ago. I guess she went to the canteen already. I stopped by the canteen and saw Soyeon and Eunha sitting at our usual place but why isn't Minji there? I told them that I'll get something from the rooftop.

"Hey, I'll get something from the rooftop first okay?"

"Okay, but make sure to come back." Eunha said.

"We'll wait for you." Soyeon said.

"Wait, but have you seen Minji? She was with me awhile ago but then she disappeared, so I thought she already came to you guys." I asked.

"Well.. she's not here yet." Soyeon stated.

"Oh okay I'll go now." I said then left.

I headed to the rooftop but as I was getting nearer and nearer, I heard a girl crying. I hid behind the wall and looked who it is.

It's Mingyu.. and he's hugging Minji, my bestfriend.

"Mingyu, I love you." I overheard her saying,

180102

A/N: It's funny how it almost took me 6 months to update.