➳ three

A/N: This chapter still takes place, 7 years ago.

A few weeks has passed, I've been thinking of him lately. I really want to play with him again. Finally, I decided to write a letter to him since I didn't give him my address.

Dear Mingyu,

It has been exactly 3 weeks and 4 days since we last met. I was thinking if we could meet again. I want to play with you again and take lots of pictures together.

To be honest, you were the first friend I ever had. I've got lots of stories to tell you.

Please send me a letter as soon as you receive this.

— hyemi xx

First friend? Yes, he was my first ever friend. I always got bullied in school because I always trip and fall. I was always quiet and very shy. No one would dare talk to me.

I asked my mom to send this letter to Mingyu.

I have been waiting for almost three days and I never received any single letter from him.

"Hyemi-ya!" Mom called me. I went down straight to the kitchen and saw mom making some rice cakes.

"Yes, mom?" I sat down on the dining table. I grabbed a piece of rice cake but mom quickly removed the food from my hand.

"Why? Isn't this for us?" I asked.

"This isn't for us, this is for our newly moved neighbor." She said, putting the cover of the food container where the rice cakes are placed. "I'm asking you to give them a warm welcome to our neighborhood and give them this rice cakes while I get ready. Wear nice clothes too, we're inviting them for a tea." She quickly said then went upstairs to get ready.

I changed to a blue floral dress and sprayed some perfume then headed to our new neighbor's house.

I cleared my throat before knocking on the door. After a few knocks, finally, someone opened the door wide open. He smiled at me and greeted me. "Long time no see, Hyemi."

Am I dreaming? Is this really him? I can't believe what I'm seeing right before my eyes. It's him.

My eyes widen at the sight of him, he grew a few inches tall. "M-Mingyu?" I stuttered.

"Yes, it's me. " He smiled then took the box of rice cakes from my hand. "Is this for me?" He asked, opening the box.

"W-what are you doing here?" I asked. I'm still confused about what's going on. He took a piece of rice cake from the box.

He took a bite of it and chuckled. "I'm your new neighbor."

"Are you serious?!" I asked.

"Yes. I was surprised at first too." He laughed. "When I read your address I was shocked because mom told me a few days ago that we're moving next to your house."

I cannot believe what I just heard. How did he know my address?

"Ya! Kim Mingyu, how did you know my address?" I asked and glared at him.