Eggs & Bacon aka Chapter 10

Hiya little bookworms, I'm finallllly back. Sorry about the long wait, but I had stupid school crap to deal with, also I am one of the biggest procrastinators you will ever meet. Anyways I will keep this short, thanks for all the reads almost to 30k (yeah!) and enjoy!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

" I met a lady in the meads

Full beautiful, a faery's child;

Her hair was long, her foot was light,

And her eyes were wild . "

Ib. st. 4

Grayson's POV

It was a week, before the Doctor released my mate, from the hospital. They had given me a whole list of precautions to take with my mate. I didn't like to listen when people told me what to do, but I knew I had too.

By the time I finally got my mate home the clock was nearing 2-am, and she had fallen asleep in my arms. She was so peaceful when she slept, still and calm, how if you touched her she would shatter. I slowly climbed the stairs to our room, and gently laid her on the bed. As I put the things away from the hospital, I glanced at the bathroom door that was completely fixed. The room was clean, but I could still see her there on the floor, surrounded in her blood. It was one of the worst feelings, that I had ever had the chance of feeling. That helplessness that bloomed through out my body, how I desperately wanted to help her, but I was trapped from taking action. I made a silent vow to myself and her as I was standing there in the path of the light, drifting from the bathroom. I would always try my damnedest to make her happy even if that meant, that I was unhappy. That I would always try to make her laugh, and her days would be full of smiles instead of screams and broken glass.

I shook my head of thoughts.  I eventually turned off the lights, and crawled into bed next to my mate.

-Later in the morning-

I heard her stir around 8-am, when I was in the kitchen making breakfast. I heard the small pitter-patter of her feet, as she made her way down the stairs and into the kitchen. I set the eggs n' bacon on the table, and smiled at her as she looked up at me.

" Are you hungry, Bailey, " I asked quietly. She just nodded her head slowly and sat next to me. As I began to eat, she just pushed her food around her plate. "Bailey, is the food alright. I can make something else if you'd like, " I questioned.

She looked up at me with her big, doe eyes and muttered, " The food is wonderful Grayson, thank you. I-It's just that I am not used to so much."

This made my blood boil, I knew that whatever happened to her was terrible, a life that no one deserved. However, I just don't understand how someone could be so cruel and cold, to hurt someone as gentle as Bailey. I swore that I was going to slowly kill whoever harmed my mate, and that their death is going to seem like a mercy for them.

After we finished eating, we went back up to our room while she picked out a movie for us to watch. She chose the Sandlot, which I had not seen or watched since I was nine. She saw my questioning look at the movie she had picked, then she sadly glanced at the cover, as I saw a tear fall from her left eye. I quickly pulled her into my lap and wiped away her tears, that were spilling out. "Bailey, what's wrong, we don't have to watch a movie. We could do something else," I stammered. She shook her head and looked up at me whispering, "No it's okay, it's just that this was my brother's favorite movie. We used to watch it every night together."

She had a brother. This was the first real thing I knew about her or her life before she ran into my territory, and met me.

"Bailey where is your brother now?" I questioned. She looked up at me and curled into my chest as she muttered sadly, " He's dead, and it's all my fault."

I could feel her tears soaking through my shirt as her words hung in the air. I had so many questions racing though my mind, that I did not know what to do. I didn't want to overwhelm her with questions and scare her. But, by the time I started to ask her about him, her little snores were filling the room like a quiet song.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hey guys, I just wanted to say sorry for such a short chapter but I am going to be publishing more chapters tomorrow for ya all.

But until next chapter, little bookworms......