The Scar on Callum's Face aka Chapter 15

Hey bookworms! Sorry for the short chapter, but I hope to update again this weekend for you guys. Also sorry if there's any mistakes I was writing this while falling asleep.

Anyways, enjoy!!!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"You do not get to chose the events
that come your way
nor the sorrows that interrupt your life.
They will likely be a surprise to you,
catching you off guard and unprepared.
You may hold your head in your hands
and lament your weak condition
and wonder what you ought to do.
To suffer, that is common to all.
To suffer and still keep your composure,
your faith, and your smile,
that is remarkable.
Pain will change you more profoundly
than success or good fortune.
Suffering shapes your perception of life,
your values and priorities,
and your goals and your dreams.
Your pain is changing
you."

-Pastor David Crosby

Callum Ace's POV

I howled a hollow sound as I tried to rip my arms from their filthy hands. They only held on tighter, crushing the already injured bones beneath the skin. I tried to go and bite one in it's ugly face, but another sharp crack was delivered to my back. Blood began to seep down my spine, leaving a ferocious trail on the floor. The pounding in my head only grew as I desperately fought to escape, but it was to late.

We had arrived.

I was then haphazardly thrown onto a hard cement floor causing my weak bones to creak in their fragile shell.

I knew this was going to happen, but I could never become what they were forcing me to turn into. I'd rather face the fury of a thousand of their whips than kill hundreds of innocent pups. I could never do what they asked, I wouldn't.

The cell door was slammed open, shaking the wall with it's sheer force. He stalked towards me, smiling maliciously, happy about what was to happen.

"Hold him up," He spat to the others in the room with disgust. "Well, Callum...,"He sneered venomously putting emphasis on my name, making me more repulsed of it than before.

"I hope you ready for this, you fucking mutt. Maybe after this you'll finally learn to never disobey me," He hissed loudly in my ear. "Alright boys hold him still, we don't want this dog becoming rabid," He commanded to the others standing in the room, as he reached in his back pocket and pulled out a silver serrated hunting knife.

I flinched back, and thrashed my arms trying to escape. I couldn't survive this, I wouldn't. I clawed and fought to be free of these devils, but the chains only pierced tighter into my limbs. However this soon became the least of my worries, as he quickly turned towards me; and with one swipe he tore open the fragile flesh, scarring my face for the rest of my life.

My throat screeched in agony, as the knife sliced through my eye, and I barely closed my eyelid in time to stop the knife blinding me. My breath was racing as blood poured down my face, metal-liquid spilling into my mouth as I was thrown to the ground. My face hit the cement causing more screams to flow from my chest. My mind was shattering due to the amount pain pouring from my nerves.

I wouldn't survive this. The truth is, I didn't want to survive.

My throat began to bleed spilling out and mixing with the already contaminated pool of red, seeping onto the floor. My whole body convulsed for hours, as tears mixed with the cold dirt and the unforgiving dark liquid. I waited for death, praying for the goddess to take me, to help me, to save me from all this suffering which was worse than death itself. To take me back to my sister, to let me run and laugh and tease with her again. I pleaded with the Goddess while choking in my own blood, to come and save me from this hell.

I have no idea why I tried, because after all, she was never there to save me ever before.

I was forcibly jerked from my memories as Wilder shouted my name, panic in his eyes. He rushed over, pulling me away from the counter. He looked at me and gently brought his hands to my face, with a tear rushing down his cheek.

"Ace, Ace, what happened? Are you okay? Ace! Ace! Oh g-goddess your hands-s," He mumbled panic-stricken, while rushing me to the sink. My mind harshly snapped out of it's daze, as I realized what was occuring around me.

I had picked up the scorching tea pot from the stove, and poured it into the cup, and without realizing it, over flowed it with the blistering liquid.

  Severe burns covered my hands, my flesh turning a hundred shades of brown and red. Tears began to pour from my eyes, as my brain finally recognized the trauma I had caused. Wilder looked at me with fear, while racing me over to the sink and turning the water on to a gentle cold stream. My body began to shake and I slumped against him, all my energy draining within seconds.

Wild looked at me with pure anguish and concern, radiating throughout the mate bond. "Oh Ace, I'm so sorry I left you down here.  I thought things were better, the nightmares were gone. I'm s-sorry I should've been here," He muttered to me and himself. I wanted to tell him he was wrong, but there was no energy left. The only consolation I could offer was slumping further into him, but I don't think it helped.

He looked around the room, unsure of what to do next. He then hastily grabbed a plaid dishtowel and soaked it in the cool water. He very gently wrapped the cloth around my scorched hands, causing me to whimper out in pain. While looking down at me in apology, Wild quickly rushed me out of our house and towards the clinic.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hey bookworms hope you enjoyed the short chapter about Callum and Wilder. 

How many want a book about them, and what happened to Callum after he was taken???

Anyways, until next chapter bookworms.........