𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

Amedeo had inadvertently made sure that Spencer had not left his side the remainder of the night

      Through conversation with her he discovered that she was an English major who was minoring in business administration. He hasn't had a genuine non sexual conversation with a woman that he was interested in before and it was refreshing.

        "Do you enjoy these parties?" Spencer asked him as he made his rounds, politely addressing many people in Italian.

           "No, but my job requires that I have them" he responds with a quirk of his lips not sure if that was a double handed question.

"...so what do you do exactly?"

"I'm an investor. I invest."

        She could tell by the vagueness of his response he wasn't open to sharing the information with her, which is fine, they just met. Spencer was not planning to tell him her deepest darkest secrets tonight.

"Cool" she states simply.

       Amedeo side eyed her, she was different and he wasn't sure if he liked that yet.

        "So what do you think of my sister" he asked as he grabbed two glasses of champagne and tried to hand to her but she politely declined.

"I'm underage" she whispers to him.

        "I forget America's customs sometimes, in Italy you only have to be 16 to drink" he tells her. "But if you don't feel comfortable, don't drink. It can be a nasty habit anyways" he says downing the glass not enjoying the sweetness. He much preferred scotch or whiskey.

       "But your sister is cool, the first friend I've had in a while."

         He glances her over and processes what she said. He gestured a waiter over, "please stop serving the wine. And can I get a whiskey" he asks, and the waiter nods and respectfully bows away.

        "You like whiskey?" Spencer asks in disgust wanting to change the topic form herself. Her father drank that and it smelled like straight rubbing alcohol.

            "Yes and scotch" he says laughing at her reaction. "It's not that bad, try a sip" he says once the waiter comes back with the brown liquid.

"Okay fine, it can't be that bad"

        Spencer put the glass to her lips and slowly too a sip and she soon began to have a coughing fit. Amedeo gently patted her exposed back as she choked on the Smokiness of the drink, her throat burned.