Prologue

At the ripe age of eighteen, Teagan was out with her friends. Of course all of her friends were a few years older than her and they were more like family than friends, so she was more like their little sister.

    Dressed in a pair of jean shorts and a white button up shirt, Teagan sat on the hood of her Chevrolet Impala. She watched as Dom handed everyone their money from their most recent heist. They might have stolen a few hundred gallons of gas and sold it for thousands of dollars.

    Dom handed each member a hefty stack of a hundred dollar bills tied together with a rubber band that he counted out evenly the night before. All of it was in a black tote so they could be less conspicuous. From looking at the stacks, each person was given roughly ten thousand dollars.

    He pulls out two stacks and hands them to Letty so she could hold onto his as well as hers. Walking over to Teagan he hands her the tote. Knitting her eyebrows together in confusion, she takes the tote and looks inside to see about ten more stacks. A grand total of a hundred thousand dollars.

    "Dom, what is this?" She asks and looks up.

    "Early graduation gift," He says and a smile forms on her lips. Her graduation ceremony was tomorrow, so it was a sweet gesture. "I also want to give you an out."

    "An out?" She asks, her smile faltering.

    "I know about your sister, T," he says and a pained expression crosses her face.

    He sister was diagnosed with brain cancer two years ago, one year after she started racing. She decided to use the money she won to pay for the medical bills, and she never lost. It was only the two girls and their mom, and they needed all the help they could get.

    "You need to look after her, T." Dominic tells the girl. "Please, take the money, get your sister the treatment she needs and go try to live a normal life."

    "This is normal to me," She says and jumps off the car. He was a good foot taller than her and towered like no other. "What do you expect me to do after my sister is either dead or cured? Go to college? Get a job?"

    "Yes," He says and she tries to hold back tears. She wanted to be so angry at him for pushing her out, but secretly all she wanted was the chance at a normal life. Now he was offering it to her on a silver platter and all she wanted to do was cry, but she held back her tears and smiled instead.

    "Thank you," She exclaims and wraps her arms around his neck in a tight embrace.

    "No problem, hermanita," He says in Spanish. She never learned the language in high school; she decided to take Japanese of all languages instead. She was never one to back down from a challenge. She was his little sister, and he wanted her to forever know that.

    "I guess now I owe you one," She laughs and so does he.

Pulling away, the others walk over to the two eager to know what was going on. Teagan walks to the passenger side of her car and tosses the tote through the window, landing on the seat. She then walks back to the group and starts her goodbyes to everyone. They all give her well wishes and hopes that she can start a fresh life, a new life.

A/N So I'm not going to write  a ton of these, but the only character I own is Teagan, Riley, and Tami. Everything else belongs to Justin Lin, the director of Fast Five, and Chris Morgan, writer of Fast Five.

Hope you enjoy!!! :)