Chapter Fourteen

Six months later, Teagan and Tej had gotten together and built up the garage Tej always wanted. They resided in Miami, Florida and built their life there. Tej fixed all the cars while Teagan handled all the incoming money and phone calls. She currently sat in the office and was filling out a few bills, when she hears the purr of a car pull into the driveway of the garage. Teagan gets out of her chair and walks out the door to find Roman making his way inside the garage.

    "So, this is your dream, huh?" Roman asks and Teagan makes her way over to Tej.

    "It's enough for me, man." Tej pulls his girl in front of him and wraps his arms around her waist. He sets his chin on her shoulder, giving her ear a sweet kiss. "I take it that's your dream." He nods to the slick black car.

    "Absolutely," Roman says. "You know what's crazy? There are only four of those cars in the whole world. And I got the only one in the western hemisphere. I made a sheikh in Abu Dhabi an offer he could not refuse."

    "That's a nice lady you got there too," Tej says earning an elbow from his girlfriend.

    "It looks like you got your own as well," Roman looks at the couple. "Look, we got to go now. Let's do this."

    "Okay, I'll drive," Tej says.

    "In that?" Roman gestures to the mustang Tej was currently working on. "Come on, man, no way."

    "No, no," Tej says. "Not in this. In that."

    Teagan points outside where a replica of Roman's car is driven up by a pretty lady.

    "Are you serious right now?" Roman asks and goes to inspect the car. "Man, this is crazy."

    "Yeah," Teagan says earning his attention. "I guess that means there are two in the Western Hemisphere, huh?"

    "What's your smart ass got to say now?" Tej taunts.

    "You know what?" Roman says. "We can always shine together, baby. Go get dressed you two, we got things to do."

"Actually," Tej says and Roman gives him a look. "I promised my girl a romantic getaway. So we have to go do that."

"Man, you say that every time to get out of our plans," Roman complains and Teagan laughs.

"Go," She gets out of Tej's grip. "Get dressed. You two can have a guy's day."

"Are you sure?" Tej asks her.

"Yes, just don't do anything that would piss me off," She says and pecks his lips. "Now go get dressed."

With that Tej walks back to the office and to their house which was connected. She gives Roman a smile before walking back to the office. She had a lot of paperwork to fill out and was also preparing a romantic getaway, so that when Tej used his excuse again it would actually be legit.

She gets up and turns to the cork board behind her and starts to pin up a few bills and their cash values so she remembers them. As she's doing that the bell to the door opens, signaling a customer.

"Welcome to Tej's Garage," She says and continues to pin up bills. "Just give me a minute and I'll be right with you."

"No rush," The man's voice says. It sounded familiar but she couldn't pinpoint why.

She finishes with the board then looks at it all and adds up all the numbers in her head. Coming to a total of $1,267 she writes it down on a sticky note and places it in the center. She needed to pay the bank that number by Wednesday to pay off all the bills. Piece of cake.