Chapter One

Ten years later, Teagan Woods' life was finally at calm. Her sister was cured of the awful disease, but her mother passed shortly after due to a heart attack. She somehow got into Harvard and became a linguist for a huge law firm. She knew up to thirteen languages; Italian, Arabic, Japanese, Latin, Bulgarian, Chinese Traditional, English, Russian, French, Spanish, German, Greek, and Portuguese. She was in a long term relationship with an aspiring drag racer; her exciting taste in men never really went away.

One day while she was cooking a vegan dinner with her boyfriend, her phone rang and a name she never thought she would see again appeared on the screen.

"Who's Dom?" Riley asks and she looks up at him.

"An old friend," She tells him. "I'll be right back."

She leaves the kitchen and answers the phone as she walks towards the living room.

"Hello?" She asks not knowing if this was really him or not.

"T? Is that you?" A smile forms on her face recognizing the voice.

"Hey, Dom," she says into the phone. You could practically hear the smile forming on Dom's face from hearing her voice.

"Remember that favor you owe me?" he asks and she laughs a little.

"Finally cashing in now, are we?" She asks and he chuckles on the other line.

"I know it's been forever, but I could really use your skill set." He says.

"Say no more," She cuts him off before he can explain further. "I'm in."

"You are?" he asks a little surprised.

"Like you said, I owe you a favor." She feels Riley's eyes on her back. She hated that she was leaving him, but she subconsciously always knew that this would never be permanent. Plus, she never strayed from a challenge.

*~*

That night while Riley was asleep, she packed herself a bag and mapped her way to Rio. It would only take her two days to make it all the way down if she went by car, which is exactly what she was doing. If she was going to be back in the game, she was going to have her baby by her side.

Walking into the garage sat her boyfriend's racecar out in all its glory. Right beside it was the silhouette of her impala under a black sheet. Pulling it off, dust flies everywhere but she just waves it away. Even though she hasn't driven this car in eight years, she still kept it in tip top shape. This was the car that never lost a race, and she was going to be racing her way through Rio de Janerio.

Climbing into the front seat she throws her bag in the back and starts the ignition. The purr of the car vibrated through her bones and she smiled. Putting the car into drive, she leaves the garage and starts her journey to reunite with an old friend.

A/N Teagan is played by the beautiful Annasophia Robb. I couldn't find a gif of her with short hair, so enjoy that tiny montage gif.