Hogwarts Express and the Sorting...

Narrator's POV

On September 1, Harry and Tom made their way onto Platform 9 3/4, went aboard the Hogwarts Express, found a compartment to themselves, and waited for the train to begin its journey.

After the train ride, the couple got off the train at Hogsmeade and followed the group of other first years into the small wooden boats and into the school as the sun set.

The first years were pulled away by a man named Ogg —who said he was the school's groundskeeper— and they were introduced to Professor Dumbledore, who explained the houses to them with an obviously clear favoring towards the Gryffindor house.

They were lead into the Great Hall and waited to be sorted.

Suddenly, the Sorting Hat began to sing, "Oh you may not think I'm pretty, but don't judge on what you see, I'll eat myself if you can find a smarter hat than me. You can keep your bowlers black, your top hats sleek and tall, for I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat and I can cap them all. There's nothing hidden in your head the Sorting Hat can't see, so try me on and I will tell you where you ought to be. You might belong in Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve, and chivalry set Gryffindors apart; you might belong in Hufflepuff, where they are just and loyal, those patient Hufflepuffs are true and unafraid of toil; or yet in wise old Ravenclaw, if you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning, will always find their kind; or perhaps in Slytherin you'll make your real friends, those cunning folks use any means to achieve their ends. So put me on! Don't be afraid! And don't get in a flap! You're in safe hands —though I have none— for I'm a Thinking Cap!"

It became very clear to them both which houses were favored.

"Ludwig Avery." The Deputy Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, called out and the boy climbed the steps and sat on the stool

"Slytherin!"

"Alphard Black."

"Slytherin!"

"Lucretia Black."

"Slytherin!"

"Cedrella Black."

"Slytherin!"

"Cygnus Black."

"Slytherin!"

"Walburga Black."

"Slytherin!"

"Orion Black."

"Slytherin!"

"Mary Calls."

"Ravenclaw!"

"Alex Clyde."

"Hufflepuff!"

"Antonin Dolohov."

"Slytherin!"

"Courtney Geary."

"Ravenclaw!"

"Augusta Greengrass."

"Hufflepuff!

"Ruebus Hagrid."

"Gryffindor!"

"Vincent LeStrange."

"Slytherin!"