Fabrications...

Narrator's POV

At the age of sixteen, Merope Kira Gaunt knew she had little purpose in life: her magical capabilities were extremely weak, resulting in her rejection from Hogwarts; her long, stringy, light brown hair only added to the sickly appearance her unhealthily pale skin gave her; her eyes permanently looked in opposite directions as a result of all of the incest her ancestors had preformed; her family had little money, so no other pureblood would want to marry her.

The only thing Merope had going for her was that she was a pureblood descendant of Salazar Slytherin.

As she trimmed the bush-fence around the Gaunt Shack (one of her many chores since father had to sell the house-elves), she noticed a handsome man around her age riding a brown horse: he had curly, dark brown hair; chocolate brown eyes; a healthy tan; and an aura of wealth of handsomeness.

Merope looked at the handsome man in awe, when a older man that looked like the first but with silver wisps in his hair and wrinkles rode up behind him on a black horse, "Wait up, Tom, you nearly ran into that bush!"

"I didn't hit it, Father." The man, Tom, replied

"I can see that." The father muttered, "You watch out, Tom, we do t own that property and I would hate to repay them for your mistake."

"I will be more careful, Father." Tom apologized

"Let's hurry home, Mother will be waiting for us to start dinner." Tom's father said as they rode off

Merope watched the father-son pair ride up to the building she knew to be Riddle Manor, where the Riddles lived and ruled over the town.

The almost-Squib smiled, she liked the little flutter she felt whenever Tom spoke.

"MEROPE!" Marvolo Gaunt shouted from inside the shack, "GET OFF YOUR ASS AND MAKE DINNER!"

"COMING, FATHER!" Merope replied, hurrying into the house to make the meal

***

For the next year, Merope continued to peep over the garden wall whenever Tom Riddle passed by.

But eventually, on one occasion, she watched the man she was falling in love with when her older brother caught her.

"You fancy that Muggle, Squib?" Morfin asked his sister

"What? No, no." Merope badly lied, caught off her guard

Morfin laughed insanely and ran inside, "FATHER, FATHER!"

"Morfin, no!" Merope pleaded, but she was too late Morfin had made it into Marvolo's room

"She likes looking at that Muggle. Always in the garden when he passes, peering at the hedge at him, she loves him." Morfin told his father

"Is it true? My daughter a pure-blooded descendant of Salazar Slytherin is hankering after a filthy, dirt-veined Muggle?" Marvolo asked, shocked

Merope rushed into the room, "Morfin is lying, Father."

"No I ain't." Morfin muttered

"Are to." Merope insisted

"Are not." Morfin angrily replied

"Are to." Merope insisted, almost begging

"Blood-traitor." Marvolo spat at his daughter

***

When the Head of the Magical Law Enforcement Squad, Bob Ogden, visited the Gaunts a year later to address the issue of Morfin jinxing Muggles, both Marvolo and Morfin were sent to Azkaban.

Within a few days of their imprisonment, Merope found her father's potions book.

Boredly looking through it, she eventually found a page of interest.

"Amortentia

Once prepared, you'll need to get your crush to drink one drop of the potion, a single dose usually lasts up to 24 hours, the drinker will only hold an obsession for the person who administered the potion. However, this isn't really love, it's impossible to manufacture or imitate love but the drinker will become instantly infatuated with the person who administered it. Amortentia must be drunk continuously in order to maintain the false love.

1. Ashwinder Eggs

First drop one ashwinder egg into your cauldron. These serpent eggs are a common ingredient in most love potions. You can buy these buy the dozen in any magic store.

2. Rose Thorns

Next add in a handful of rose thorns. Be careful as these sometimes have sharp edges.

3. Refined Peppermint Oil

These ingredient is easy to get, it can be found in any grocery store.

4. Moonstone

This is the hardest ingredient to find, you may need to call in some favours from wizarding folk to obtain one of these magical stones.

5. Stir Your Mixture

Stir well your mixture well until steam rises from the cauldron.

6. Spirals Of Steam

Once your potion is ready, steam will rise from your cauldron in spirals and you'll begin to smell a strong aroma. Amortentia has a different aroma for everyone who smells it, reminding each person of the things that they find most attractive."

Following the directions carefully, she managed to scavenge the ingredients around the shack and make the potion.

***

The following day, she managed to convince her love interest to sit down in a nearby meadow and have tea with her —of course, his cup was laced with the potion.

And as the potion did its work, he became obsessive with her.

Within three months they had married much to Tom's parent's disappointment.

And when their anniversary came around, Merope decided to free him from the potion completely to surprise him with the news of her pregnancy.

He rejected her completely and left her, so she stole the Slytherin Locket from her former home and sold it at Borgin and Burkes to afford something to eat.

Eventually giving birth to her child in a Muggle orphanage and dying...