The Monster Inside...

Narrator's POV

Soon enough, the students would learn that Hagrid had been thrown into Azkaban for 'opening' the Chamber of Secrets during the Yule Break.

Under her pillow on Yule/Christmas morning, Ginny Weasley was delighted to find out her diary of friends had been returned to her.

When the children returned to school, all was calm for several months but in June that changed.

***

The diary horcruxes were slowly becoming solid as Ginny's soul was drained.

Upstairs, the school had found a new message on the wall once they had discovered Ginny missing.

Standing next to the girl's dying body, Tom and Harry were almost solid.

Suddenly, the pair heard a voice heading towards them, they hid themselves in the shadows.

"Ginny!" Ron yelled, sprinting to her

"Ginny, don't be dead! Please, don't be dead." Ron said, throwing his wand to hold her

Her face was white as marble, she was almost gone.

"Ginny, please wake up." Ron muttered desperately, shaking her

"She won't wake." Harry softly said

Ron jumped and spun around on his knees

"What d'you mean, she won't wake?" Ron said desperately, "She's not-?"

"She's still alive," Tom answered, trying to hide his smirk of near victory, "but only just."

Ron stared at him.

"Are you both ghosts?" Ron asked

"Memories," Tom answered, "preserved in a diary for fifty years."

He pointed toward the floor near the statue, lying open there was the little black diary.

"You both got to help me." Ron said, raising Ginny's head again, "We've got to get her out of here. There's a basilisk —I don't know where it is, but it could be along any moment. Please, help me!"