The Tasks...

Narrator's POV

Weeks passed, Draco made badges that flashed 'Weasley Stinks', 'Support Cedric Diggory', and 'Anyone but Weasel' that everyone wore, and soon enough the First Challenge arrived.

A few days earlier, Cedric reported to his Slytherin friends and two foreigners, "Guys, I just heard Dumbledore talking to Weasel. The First Task is dragons."

Rumors spread around the Slytherin and Ravenclaw houses that said that Cedric would be facing a Swedish Short-Snout, Fleur would be facing a Welsh Green, Viktor would be facing a Chinese Fireball, and Ron would be facing a Hungarian Horntail.

***

When the day of the task arrived Cedric, Fleur, and Viktor were prepared for the dragons they would be facing.

The had read every book the Hogwarts Library had to offer about their specific dragons and would be equally matched to Ron who undoubtedly got assistance from Dumbledore.

The rest of the students from all three schools —and the staff too— watched from the sidelines as the Champions faced their assigned dragons in confidence and carefully fetched the golden eggs that said dragons were guarding.

Fluer gathered their eggs in fifteen minutes and twenty-seven seconds.

Cedric got his in sixteen minutes and thirty-nine seconds.

Viktor got his in seventeen minutes and three seconds.

And Ron did not get his at all.

Fleur won the First Task!

***

Igor Karakoff, Headmaster of Durmstrang, congratulated Fleur on hervictory and comforted Viktor on his placement of third.

Unknown to all currently at Hogwarts, Igor had been sent a message from the Dark Lady through a dream telling him, "Put Ron Weasley's name into the Goblet of Fire."

So, he fearfully did as told and hoped no one found out.

***

Months passed, as did the school's Yule Ball and the Yule Break.

Soon enough the Champions where given large golden eggs that screamed when opened for their hint for the Second Task.

The large group of friends tried to decipher the three eggs to no avail.

It wasn't until Fleur saidthat, "Ai was tryeng to deciphair la egg while ai took a bath and ai 'aird eet sengeng when ai dropped eet een la watair."

To that, Hermione summoned a large pail of water and submerged the egg.

The egg then sang for all to hear,

"Come seek us where our voices sound,

We cannot sing above the ground,

And while you're searching ponder this;

We've taken what you'll sorely miss,

An hour long you'll have to look,

And to recover what we took,

But past an hour, the prospect's black,

Too late, it's gone, it won't come back."

"Well it sound like you guys will have something you love will be taken from you and taken underground." Hermione realized

"And that sounded like merfolk singing." Neville said "We saw some singing in the Black Lake —the school's lake— during Care of Magical Creatures class."

"Then the challenge will have something taken from you and it will be taken t the Black Lake." Draco concluded

"Your most loved will be taken." Anaelle said, "Theo (who had become close with Viktor) will be Viktor's, Cho Chang will be Cedric's, Fleur's will be her sister and Lavender Brown will be Weasel's."

"Vell, thy animagus ez a shark, so I vould change to vhat and Theo could ride on thy back then I rescue him." Viktor said

"And ai could use la Bubbuhl-Héad Charm. And Victorie can use eet too when ai rescué 'im." Fleur said

"And I'll use some Gilleyweed. I'm sure Professor Snape has some to spare. And I could give some to Cho once I save her." Cedric said

***

On the day of the challenge, Uncle Sev more than happily gave Cedric some Gilleyweed.

Viktor quickly changed into a shark and Fleur cast her charm, but Ron had nothing and would have to swim regularly since he couldn't decipher his egg.

The whistle was blown and the four champions set off.

Viktor swam like hell to Theo and Theo mounted his boyfriend and hurried back to shore.

Fleur swam as fast as she could, the merfolk decided to leave her alone since Ron provoked them.

And Cedric swam as fast as his newly-grown flippers and gills let him.

Viktor' time was thirty minutes and thirteen seconds.

Cedric's time was fifty-two minutes and eighteen seconds.

Fleur's time was an hour, five minutes, and twenty-seven seconds.

Ron finished in two hours, twenty-two minutes, and eleven seconds.

Viktor won the Second Task by a long shot.

***

As the Tri-Wizard Champions entered the maze for the third and final task,

Soon Ron found himself in a graveyard, tightly chained to a angel statue and a large cauldron was in front of him.

Throwing a bone into the cauldron, he saw Lady Tenenbris, "Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will renew your son!"

The Dark Lady then cut off Ron's left arm and dumped it in, "Flesh of the enemy, forcibly taken, you will resurrect your foe!" then he cut his own left palm, "Blood of the partner, willingly given, you will revive your comrade!"

The cauldron began to smoke and once it cleared he saw a figure pull itself up from the liquid.

The figure was the Dark Lord —his chocolate brown hair dripping with the liquid and his bare muscled torso dripping as well as the Dark Lady threw him a robe.

Once he got out of the cauldron, Lord Voldemort turned to face Ron, "Crucio!"

Ron screamed and Harry smiled: that brat deserved it.

After a minute, Tom removed the binds and threw Weasley his wand which Ron didn't know he had lost, "Duel me, child, you claim to be stronger. Show me."

But, being a coward, Ron dived for the portkey that brought him here and diapperated back to Hogwarts.

But it didn't matter that Weasley was gone, Lord Voldemort had returned...