Chapter Five

The week following the library incident brought Harry no peace. Draco, it seemed has taken it upon himself to make Snape's life a living hell without giving the man any plausible reason to give the boy detention. This being because Harry, being the idiot noble Gryffindor that he was raised to be, ended making the Professor angrier before he could dish out the punishment before the end of the class. Be it blowing up his cauldron or just calling the man an idiot to his face. The effect being that Harry was given all the detentions that should have belonged to the Ravenclaw.

     It was when Snape had passed by Draco's cauldron, sneering at it for being perfect, thank you Remus. That Draco had coughed into his elbow a word that made Snaps freeze, and Harry smirk.

     This word apparently gave Snape a reason for giving the child a detention. Draco, instead of groaning or complaining like Harry mostly did, just smiled and thanked the man.
-------------

      "Harry wait up!" Draco called running to catch up with Harry on his way to lunch.

      Harry stopped and waited for the boy to reach him, Draco fell into step with him when he did.

      "So you going to tell me why you have a death wish when it comes to Snape or?" Harry asked when they reached the Great Hall doors.

      Draco grinned at him and followed the boy to the Gryffindor table. "It's because Sirius told me how much he hated the guy in school. I know he was tormented by your dad and everything, but he was really mean to Regulus too. Seems like he took out all the anger the marauders fueled him with out on Regulus for being his brother." Draco replayed plopping down beside Harry like it was where he belonged.

     "Uh why are you sitting here?" Harry didn't want to be rude. Especially since him and Draco talk at lunch anyways, just from different tables.

     "I'll be sitting with the Slytherins tomorrow. Blaise and Pansy invited me they're in my history class." Harry nodded and proceeded to eat as normal. The two boys ignoring the looks the rest of the Gryffindors gave them.
-----------------

      It was finally the weekend and Harry intended to spend the Saturday sleeping off all of his detentions. That's when the portrait slammed open and an grinning Draco stormed in.

      "Why!?" Harry groaned into the couch pillow, knowing that he would go get any sleep anytime soon.

     "Get up Potter!" Draco exclaimed plopping down on Harry's legs ignoring the boys painful grunt.

     "How did you even get in anyways?"

     Draco, from where he was exclaiming the room sitting on top of Harry looked down at the raven haired boy below him. "Oh, the passwords change over the course of seven years. After the seventh year it reverts back. Sirius told me." Harry just stared at the boy, bewildered. Then he groaned again and fell back onto the couch.

    "Why do I have to get up?"

    "We're going to check out the third floor corridor!"

     Harry groaned again squishing the pillow against his face.
------------------

      "Why are we doing this again?" They were creeping through the abandoned hallway. Harry practically jumped at every sound, despite having his fathers invisibility cloak in case of Filch, or any teacher other than Dumbledore who could apparently see through invisibility cloaks.

      "Don't worry no one is coming." Draco replied confidently, he would occasionally look down at a piece of parchment in his hands. It annoyed Harry greatly.

      "And how do you know this?" Draco spun around and excitedly thrusted the parchment into Harry's face.

     "It's called the Marauder's map, Sirius stole it from Remus last time he was at his house and gave it to me." He pointed to the corridors displayed on the map and the names moving around. "It shows everyone in the school, even the grounds. It stops at the forbidden forest though, and the seventh floor, but that mystery is for another time. Right now we need to figure out why the Professors all go to the same room on the same corridor at different times."

     Harry was still processing the whole Marauder's map thing, and in his slightly confused and dazed state followed Draco into a room. Growling snapped him out of his thoughts though, and Harry gazed up and straight into the eyes of a three headed dog.

     "Right, Draco wanna run?" He asked only to turn around and see the blond walking towards the dog that looked like it wanted Draco and Harry both as appetizers. "Uh, Draco why?"

      The boy ignored him and instead chose to maintain eye contact with the beast. Draco flicked his wand to the corner of the room and suddenly music filled the room. Almost immediately did the dog fall asleep.

     "Come on" Draco encouraged opening the trap door that Harry assumed the dog was guarding. "It's an adventure." Then he jumped down the whole." Harry weighed his options carefully, but when he heard footsteps he made his decision quickly and followed Draco down the hole.
-----------

      Sometime later the two boys both crawled out of the trapdoor, kind of beaten up, but still alive. Draco held in his hands what he assumed was the 'Philosopher's Stone' according to all he had read on the subject in Ravenclaws private library. 

     Harry glared at the blond as he helped the smaller out of the hole. The dog was still asleep cause the music was still playing.

     "How'd you know the music would work?" Harry had asked after they escaped the killer plants. Draco had only responded with
      "I read about them."

    Now, helping the boy out of a hole after they had just probably broke so many rules, Harry began to wonder about Draco.

      "You're really a devil just like uncle Sirius aren't you? You're just biding your time to show everyone." Draco didn't look surprised at all he only grinned at the boy once he was no longer dangling.

     "I had hoped you'd catch on." He grinned running a hand through his blond hair. "Anyways since obviously the teachers went through the great lengths to hide this, and I'm assuming since it wasn't better hidden then a box at the end, that Dumbledore didn't get a chance to add his special touch. What do you say to sending this to Remus for safe keeping until we know what's going on?"

      Harry nodded, not given it a second thought Remus was obviously the best choice since Sirius would try to make himself immortal, fail and probably break the stone, his father and Regulus the same.

     "Alright" Harry nodded. Walking alongside Draco as they exited the third floor entirely, Draco canceling the music before he left though, no traces.
--------------

     In another part of the castle, more specifically Dumbledores office, all the teachers were gathered to discuss the stone, no one, not even Dumbledore, knew that it had already been removed from its hiding spot, and probably put in a safer location with the way Quirrel was trying to hold back a devious grin, and the way Snape was glaring at the floor.
-------------
So this is it. There will be a battle with Voldie this year, but it will be when Quirrel already goes down there, sees the stone missing, and thinks it's Harry. So yeah. It's not spoiling when it's a already going to happen, kind of has to. Anyways. P.s is that how you spell that mans stupid name. I'm not good with names.

Ciao~