Chapter Fourteen

Draco returned an hour later to the Ravenclaw. He was so deep within his own thoughts that he completely missing Harry trying to flag him down in the hallways. It was only when he was about to answer the Ravenclaw riddle that Harry thought it best to make his appearance by jumping on Draco's back.

Draco stumbled a bit trying to maintain his balance but eventually his knees gave out over the sudden weight and him and Harry tumbled to the floor.

"Hey!" Draco exclaimed shoving the Gryffindor off of him. "What gives?"

Harry meanwhile looked partly ashamed. "I was trying to stop you down the hall. We're going home early." Draco's confusion must have shown on his face because Harry continued. "Remus was pissed. Said he didn't want you around Dumbledore for the rest of the year. He tried to get you transferred but Sirius talked him out of it."

Draco stood and held a hand out to pull Harry up. "By talked him out of it you really mean him and Regulus tackled him to the floor and refused to get off the man before he gave in."

"Exactly!" Harry grinned. "Now come on we already got your stuff!"
-------------------
Back at home with his 'brothers' Draco tossed and turned in his bed trying to fall asleep but couldn't manage it. His mind kept bouncing back to the conversation he had with the Headmaster.

      "Alright Dumbledore you have some explaining to do." Draco scowled but took his seat across from the elder man.

     "My, child I am sorry that I wrongly accused you of killing and kidnapping but I was mistaken." Dumbledores eyes twinkled like they always did and instead of infuriating Draco he pitied the man. He didn't know the full extent of who he was dealing with and his act was kind of cute. Draco decided to throw the man a bone.

     "I forgive you of that. Mistakes can be made." Dumbledore physically sighed with relief and Draco being Draco yanked the bone back from the mutt. "But this wasn't a mistake. You were to get something out of making me disappear and judging by your poor excuse of an act." Draco scanned the man with his eyes waiting for any shred of humanity or something. When he found nothing he continued. "You knew I was tortured. Though you couldn't have been the one to take Harry you probably didn't even know of his capture. You're after something else and it involves Harry."

      "My boy these accusations-" Draco stood up cutting the man off.

     "I don't care what you want. I don't care you tried to get me arrested or worse. I do however care that you plotting that whole elaborate trap scheme for someone. You practically announced it at the sorting. Either it was for Quirrel or Harry. To be honest I don't care it's over now." Draco talked over to the other side of the desk and bent down so he was eye level with Dumbledore. "But if you ever plot something so dangerous that Harry gets hurt, Voldemort's vengeful spirit won't be your only problem."

     Dumbledore it seemed had nothing more to say and Draco was finished with his rant. With a cruel smile Draco left the Headmaster and made his way back to Ravenclaw.
-------------------

        Outside of the gates to Malfoy manor stood a lone figure. He stared up at the place that one held happy memories for him until the day his best friends died, and as vengeful as he was he couldn't help but feel bad for breaking in to it.

      The figure pulled out his wand and cast a spell on the chains that held the gates to the manor closed. With a flick of his wrist the chains fell and the gates opened recognizing him as a once honored guest.

      As the figure walked along the past he made sure to check for any alarms or wards that might have been set by auror before they sealed it away and the manor hid itself. The manor didn't like strangers coming in and out and die to the magic that coursed through it by generations of Malfoy family rituals it was practically sentient. So the manor hid itself from the Ministry and due to it being cursed or something anyone who wasn't previously welcomed by a Malfoy or anyone who wasn't welcomed by a Malfoy know wasn't allowed to find it.

      Inside the manor the hooded man made his way to the library. Inside rows and rows of shelves held any and every book possibly imagined, but the man was only there for one. Plan B required a specific diary that the late Lucius Malfoy had come in possession of before he died and it was in the drawer of his desk in the library. It would have been in his study but the late Malfoy found that this book was too important for it to be put in a place that anyone could guess it was placed at.

      Opening the drawer and taking the book was simple and once he had what he came for the man left the manor without anyone but a lone portrait spotting him. The portrait being of the late Abraxas Malfoy, the father of Lucius. Abraxas pretended to be asleep like the other portraits in the halls and watched as the man left the manor as it was when he left. He knew that his grandson was due for a visit soon and thought it best to talk about the obvious break in with him.
----------------

       "So." Harry said leaning back in his chair watching as the others stared at him in awe. "That's how our first year went." Draco scoffed from the corner but didn't say anything when Harry glared at him. 'If anything' the blond thought. 'Their stares are giving him a bigger head.'

      "Wait so that's it?" Blaise whispered confused "that's all you're going to tell us what happened next year?"

     "Sorry but we already spent most of today telling you about first year." Draco started before Harry could go on another tale. "I'm kind of tired." The blond yawned. Blaise and Pansy watched him wondering if they should invite him down to the dungeons to sleep. They knew of his arrangements and felt bad now that they knew that this Harry and Draco didn't belong here.

     "Dray's right." Harry stretched watching the Slytherins, confused on the way they stared at Draco. He knew something was wrong, but since Draco wouldn't tell him he felt best he shouldn't pry. Now seeing the Slytherins' expressions he figured he should have made Draco tell him what was wrong.

      Draco noticed everyone's stares and sighed feeling somehow out numbered in a fight that wasn't happening. "Well tell you more tomorrow. Now, if you excuse us I have to talk to Harry alone."

     Surprisingly everyone left without a fuss. Harry stood up and gathered Draco in his arms allowing the blond to rest his head on his shoulders. "What's wrong?"

      "I haven't been sleeping." Draco sighed giving in fairly easily. He was just exhausted and wasn't ready, prepared, or rested enough to fight Harry. "Ravenclaws won't let me in the dorm."

      Harry wasn't surprised at that it seemed like not really anyone liked the Draco from this dimension.  Without another thought he leaned down and kissed the shorted on the top of his head. "You're sleeping with me in my dorm tonight. No arguments."

      Draco smiled into Harry's shoulders and nodded he wasn't going to argue anyways. He needed sleep and let Harry guide him to the Gryffindor common room.
-------------

First book done. BAM!
I'm happy about this. So as promised the last chapter of the 'What happened to Draco and Harry?' Series Book One. I want a lot more and think it'll be fun to write them. As always

Ciao~